Sign in to follow this  
Brushmaster

Hordes n things

Check out the all Goblin (Noghra) list in the Reven Faction Book. :poke:

That 1000 point list is what I have been waiting for.

I need another 20 goblins or so.

I'd actually drop Troop 3 of goblins and bring in the Hill Giant and maybe a few scorpians to keep people honest.

Storminator - can take Artemis (Uni. merc Sgt) instead of one Vysa and squeeze one point lower if you wanted to. But I think you've maxed the # of units. Unless there are faction book rules or new models with lower points.

Unless the Command Structure redux allows any Goblin to assume the mantle of Leadership, I think Pete's list is the best we're going to see.

Although as a thought experiment, if we wanted to look at, literally nothing but a horde of Goblin warriors, presuming Command Structure allows it:

66 models, 1 with Divine Favor. Total points 1000.

If the Goblin is a 4-10/0, +2 for mob to be 4-12/0

You could field a minimum of 6 troops (5 of 12 models, 1 of 6 models)

- or - a maximum of 16 troops (15 of 4 models, 1 of 6 models)

QUOTE (Sergei @ Sep 9 2005, 02:39 PM)

Isn't neek a unique? 

Unique Neek

Say that five times fast

I was wondering about that. It must be one of the things that'll get cleaned up in the final verson of the Reven rule book

Qwyk,

You aren't taking full advantage of Neek and his little buddies. Neek already has Mob/5, so once you add the Mob/10 for an all Goblin faction you can have 25 little buggers per troop. And if I read the faction special abilities, that would include up to 6 elites.

I guess the Goblins agree with the Russians - "Quantity has a quality all its own."

Castlebuilder

Neek is Mob/10 as a baseline model regardless of faction stuff. He always has been.

I'll definitely have to double check the Faction book. I thought the SA only added Mob +2. If it's Mob/+5, I think I might be able to beat Pete's 59 model list!

Neek Should be non-unique in an all goblin list, and can be a sgt, capt, or warlord as needed in the all goblin list.

Still, Storminator's 59 models Freelance seems to beat Qwyk's 58 model Faction Pure army.

Anybody got anything better?

Hmmm, I think I may be able to improve on my list.

In an all Goblin Army....

Neek 4-10/0 + Mob/10 + Mob/+5 Faction Special Ability for Goblin Pure (Default Reven is +2)

So Neek's troop is effectively 4-25/0 in an all Goblin force.

Neek (54) x1 = 54

Goblin Warrior (15) x24 = 360

Troop 1 = 25 models, 414 points

Troop 2 = 25 models, 414 points

50 models, 828 points

Unfortunately, that means I will still need to buy another Neek (unless some of the other Goblins are allowed to field troops, like Skralla and Gonda and Lunk). If this is the case, I might be able to squeeze a few more Goblins in (maybe 1) to tie Pete, but otherwise, I think he will still get the max models in a 1000 pointer. It's ultimately the same numbers, just ordered differently.

Neek (54) x1 = 54

Goblin Warrior (15) x7 = 105

Troop 3 = 9 models, 174 points

58 models, 987 points

If Neek was worth 53 points, you could field 59 goblins at 999 points.

C'mon guys. One point. Wouldn't it make sense that a Faction pure Goblin force have THE largest possible mob!?!? ^_^

If he was worth 48 points...it would be 60 models, 999 points!!!

Soooo close. C'mon guys. PLEASE ::D::lol:

Wouldn't it make sense that a Faction pure Goblin force have THE largest possible mob!?!?  ^_^

We'll have to settle for being the largest non-freelance army. You just can't beat 59 models @ 1000 points. ::(:

As for Pete's list, if he replaces a Vysa for an Artemis, he'll be down to 995 and have enough to buy a Good Juju Amulet. :lol: