CAV Open Beta 1.5 - Data Cards

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Woohoo! First person with a complaint! :B):

How come all the SyRaM CAV's got such low RAV's??? The 'Hawk 6 is only a 3??? Even the Naginata tank got a 4, which matches the Thunderbird.

I guess it's got the 2 MA's but still... it was supposed to be an improvement on the 'Hawk 5, no? :huh:

EDIT: Never mind, I started comparing ranges and they tend to out reach their MT counterparts... and they seem to be a bit higher on the amount of attacks they have. Quantity has a quality all it's own, eh? :poke:

Personally, I'm a bit bummed that the Regent now can't do Defensive Fire. As some other people mentioned before, the Regent always seemed to be a good close support CAV. Not sure how that will work now that he can't Def Fire. But I do like the fact that he has Barrage. Also, I like the changes made to the Ronin. I think he is now a bit useful with RAV 4 plus Hunter.

Also, we now have Heavy Inf with Mortars. That's cool.

One question. Has just about every Vehicle and CAV had its point cost raised? I've really only looked at the Terran units so far, but it looks like everyone now costs more than they did before, except the Archer.

Two things:

1.) Why'd the Banshee lose a Damage Track?

2.) I still think the Naginata is too cheap. At our tournament last week The BL running the event took a force of 4 naginatas with a couple upgrades, which still came out to about 250 points less than the rest of us. He decimated every opponent. The closest player to beating him was me. I ran a Revenant, a Butcher and a Murder (hitman). We killed each other on the final turn. I managed to take him out, but it cost me my whole force, and realistically, I had the better terrain to use. Now don't get me wrong, I have no problem with the coolest looking tanks inthe game being the toughest, I just think they are underpriced for what you get. I don't know, thisis just gut reaction though. I'll have to see them in action.

I think the biggest asset to the Nagis is Linked! I've found this to be a powerful ability.

Banshee lost a damage track to bring it inline with other units of its type. I thought Tabasco was going to cry the first time I told him.

the Chancellor lost a damage track to bring it inline with the Mini.

We've been looking at the costs for Linked. What would be helpful is a ball park average on how many times your reroll is successful. That way we can get a better idea on the cost of the SA.

try this also for the Prince. Trust me that's where the issue first arose

Mad Pat

Banshee lost a damage track to bring it inline with other units of its type. I thought Tabasco was going to cry the first time I told him.

the Chancellor lost a damage track to bring it inline with the Mini.

We've been looking at the costs for Linked. What would be helpful is a ball park average on how many times your reroll is successful. That way we can get a better idea on the cost of the SA.

try this also for the Prince. Trust me that's where the issue first arose

Mad Pat

Well statistically the Linked question isn't hard to answer.

if A is probability of success without linked, and B is probability of success with Linked SA, then:

B = 1-((1-A)^2)

so let's say that the chance of wounding without a reroll is 30%, then the chance with reroll (Linked SA) would be 1.0 - 0.70*0.70 = 0.51 (51%)

Comparing it with the hunter SA:

if chance of wounding without Hunter is 30%, then chance with hunter SA (against hard target) would be 50%

And if you're lazy, simply use my CAV2 calculator, it will do these calculations for you.

Mucking around with Excel

Hit on a: || % to hit || % linked || Linked Bonus

10 || 10% || 19% || 9%

9+ || 20% || 36% || 16%

8+ || 30% || 51% || 21%

7+ || 40% || 64% || 24%

6+ || 50% || 75% || 25%

5+ || 60% || 84% || 24%

4+ || 70% || 91% || 21%

3+ || 80% || 96% || 16%

2+ || 90% || 99% || 9%

1+ || 100% || 100% || 0%

So, given a set RAV, it will on average give the same bonus as hunter but vs. all targets. About half as good vs. high DV targets (need 10's).

Steve

I always seem to find these posts late... I made a comment about the Paladin in another thread, but I'll post it here too:

My one regret, albeit minor, is seeing the Paladin become essentially a Rhino clone. As all other Super Heavies have some variance between them, I'd like to see the same thing for the Paladin and Rhino.

How about take away the Wrecker, and give it Linked? While then making the Paladin less likely to cut through swaths of enemies, it increases the chance for the Paladin to annihilate other Super Heavies and Superiority CAVs...which is something I except when I hear the name "Paladin".

And against with the Stiletto, why not give it Hunter so it can work better in combination with the Sabre? In previous fluff, it was an anti-armor vehicle...shouldn't it still be?

Ok, I would like to address two data Cards for the Templars

Viper Cobra... It has a 36 range... I think this is left over legacy stuff since 36 Range have been in beta 1.0 reserved for missle boats and I believe the Cobra is dual gatling guass gunner, right? So shouldn't it have a 32? And can we also get a Hunter Warhead SA for it... I promise not to kill too many Malvies or earthers with it ::D:

Second item on the block

Viper Mamba... do the Templars really need another anti-soft FV? I think it would better serve the protector of the universe as a Tank, which is needed (an anit-soft tank that is.)

While on the subject of the Templars, they need a cheap inexpensive CAV. I'm thinking a Light CAV with a Strong DV (11 it is a light CAV after all), wizzo (which would be unique fer a Light), and Rugged. ANd if it was me I'd call this new CAV a H-M Squire

:devil:

On to the Terran dogs!

The Starhawk V... perfect. That is the best example what a CAV should be like.

The Starhawk VI... I thought the VI was suppose to be a newer better version of the Starhawk? And thanks for going back to the orginial name.

Regent... again thank you. You guys exceeded my expectations and made the Regent the perfect fire support model for HKI's Rapid Response.

The Ronin on the other hand still fails to live up to my expectations. I would have preferred its IFM system to be brought up in line with that of the Regent since they share the same missle system then raising its RAV. The Beauty of the Ronin was its versatility. It could either act as a Fire Support or a anti-hard H/K.

Last Item on My list is the Ashiguru shouldn't it have MA instead of DA since its a missle boat? I'm pretty sure that is a missle rank sitting in it Pick up bed.

OK, So howcome the Naginata didn't lose one? (I know I'm obsessed).

As for linked, I think it depends ont he model. At close range when you only need a 3 or 4 to hit, I'd say the reroll hits about 80% of the time. At longer ranges, I'd say 50/50. There's no question though that it's effective. Very!

While on the subject of the Templars, they need a cheap inexpensive CAV. I'm thinking a Light CAV with a Strong DV (11 it is a light CAV after all), wizzo (which would be unique fer a Light), and Rugged. ANd if it was me I'd call this new CAV a H-M Squire.

You know about the Spartan, right?

Light CAV.

DV 11.

Rugged.

Recon.

ESM.