CAV Open Beta 1.5 - Data Cards

My one regret, albeit minor, is seeing the Paladin become essentially a Rhino clone. As all other Super Heavies have some variance between them, I'd like to see the same thing for the Paladin and Rhino.

How about take away the Wrecker, and give it Linked? While then making the Paladin less likely to cut through swaths of enemies, it increases the chance for the Paladin to annihilate other Super Heavies and Superiority CAVs...which is something I except when I hear the name "Paladin".

I'll see what I can do to give the Paladin a little flavor, you can blame this one on ReaperBryan, I asked him what he wanted his favorite factions Super Heavy to be like and he never gave me a answer. ::D:

And against with the Stiletto, why not give it Hunter so it can work better in combination with the Sabre? In previous fluff, it was an anti-armor vehicle...shouldn't it still be?

I'm looking at the Stiletto, I have always liked this unit and have felt it does need to be a touch more powerful but were on a fine line with it now.

Ok, I would like to address two data Cards for the Templars

Viper Cobra... It has a 36 range... I think this is left over legacy stuff since 36 Range have been in beta 1.0 reserved for missle boats and I believe the Cobra is dual gatling guass gunner, right? So shouldn't it have a 32? And can we also get a Hunter Warhead SA for it... I promise not to kill too many Malvies or earthers with it ::D:

When it was first given life, it was a missile boat. So your right on both accounts and I will address the range issue. As for Hunter Warhead, I wouldn't hold your breath.

Viper Mamba... do the Templars really need another anti-soft FV? I think it would better serve the protector of the universe as a Tank, which is needed (an anit-soft tank that is.)

While on the subject of the Templars, they need a cheap inexpensive CAV. I'm thinking a Light CAV with a Strong DV (11 it is a light CAV after all), wizzo (which would be unique fer a Light), and Rugged. ANd if it was me I'd call this new CAV a H-M Squire

All of the roles for each of the factions have been addressed already, but I'll take a look at these two issues.

The Starhawk V... perfect. That is the best example what a CAV should be like.

The Starhawk VI... I thought the VI was suppose to be a newer better version of the Starhawk? And thanks for going back to the orginial name.

Regent... again thank you. You guys exceeded my expectations and made the Regent the perfect fire support model for HKI's Rapid Response.

Your welcome, though I'm not sure what the issue on the HawkVI is

The Ronin on the other hand still fails to live up to my expectations. I would have preferred its IFM system to be brought up in line with that of the Regent since they share the same missle system then raising its RAV. The Beauty of the Ronin was its versatility. It could either act as a Fire Support or a anti-hard H/K.

Having a RAV of 4 already gives the CAV a pretty powerful IF, I will look at its IF capabilities but you may be looking at adding a hefty chunk to a already significant unit cost.

Last Item on My list is the Ashiguru shouldn't it have MA instead of DA since its a missle boat? I'm pretty sure that is a missle rank sitting in it Pick up bed.

Yep Good Catch

Banshee lost a damage track to bring it inline with other units of its type. I thought Tabasco was going to cry the first time I told him.

OK, So howcome the Naginata didn't lose one? (I know I'm obsessed).

Size difference of the Tanks. The Naga, Scarab and the like are larger units all together then the quicker MBT's almost to a Super Tank level. Thus the DT difference between a normal MBT like the Banshee and a Super like the Naga.

There will be a update to a couple of the force lists tonight based on some things that came up last week, and the issues that you guys have found for us. I will post a note when those are up.

Mad Pat

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey I looked through all the faction data cards and the malverian are the only faction whos aircraft don't have missiles..... is this and error or am I dreaming again???? I got an Rhino wasted from missiles from some bloody Harpies. I would like to return the favor some day. Also I have been thinking that I think every faction needs a HK with Hunter. A few factions have one but not all. Just my two cents worth.

Hey I looked through all the faction data cards and the malverian are the only faction whos aircraft don't have missiles..... is this and error or am I dreaming again????

I'll look them over.

Just out of curiosity, what prompted the split between W.S.A and G.S.A?

The split was made to make it easier for folks to read through the SA's In warlord the avarage unit has mabey one SA, some don't even have any. In CAV the avarage SA is 4. This does bring up a good question, what does everyone think of the layout of the datacards.

There will be a update to a couple of the force lists tonight based on some things that came up last week, and the issues that you guys have found for us. I will post a note when those are up.

Mad Pat

I lied, it didn't happen last night, real life got in the way, they will be going out tonight.

Mad Pat

The split was made to make it easier for folks to read through the SA's In warlord the avarage unit has mabey one SA, some don't even have any. In CAV the avarage SA is 4. This does bring up a good question, what does everyone think of the layout of the datacards.

I like the layout, to me it's easily read and intuitive. What do the abreviations WSA and GSA stand for anyway?

Mad Pat

I lied, it didn't happen last night, real life got in the way, they will be going out tonight.

Mad Pat

sooooo Um I lied again. After discussing it with Matt we've decided that the changes made to the current batch of data cards are minor and don't warrant us pushing a new set out and you guys printing out a whole new batch.

Soooo enjoy what you've got, play the hell out of them!!!!

Enjoy

Mad Pat

[subliminal

Paladin

RAV 4

Hunter

Linked

Wizzo

PBG

2 DA

2 MA

Hunter Warheads

[/subliminal]

Your Petty Jedi tricks do not work on a hardened Imperial mind!!! The days of witchcraft and sorcery are over!

Did you really mean for the Archer to have a RAV of 1? :blink:

Ummm NO, not a 1

Mad Pat