CAV Open Beta 1.5 - Data Cards

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I regularly use a Knight...they're pretty good. The flamer is crazy good, and it's a surprise against even CAVs. There's a line of Spiders? Oh no! Flame.

Anyway, I don't think the Knight should be Linked. Looking at the model, the PBG appears to be the single barrel one, and the flamer looks more like the double barrelled arm.

I regularly use a Knight...they're pretty good. The flamer is crazy good, and it's a surprise against even CAVs. There's a line of Spiders? Oh no! Flame.

Anyway, I don't think the Knight should be Linked. Looking at the model, the PBG appears to be the single barrel one, and the flamer looks more like the double barrelled arm.

The PBG is on the left are not the right :wacko:

I have one, used to use it all the time.

Yeah, but you play Terrans, so I'd expect you to use inferior equipment. ::P:

It was one of the first four CAV's I bought.

I can remember when there were /only/ four CAVs available! Makes ya feel old, right Frosch?

:lol:

Back in Cav1 when the Ghostwarriors were mercenaries we had a section of Knights, they were and still are great medium combat machines, effective against soft and hard targets, good armor and mobility what is there not to like? The Mini even 'looks' good, a very balanced model that 'looks' like it can do what it was designed to do.

Now that we are in Cav2's universe I have martialed all my H-M equipment from before and am starting a Templar force.

BTW all my adon, ritterlich, malvernis and rach stuff is for trade for terran or templar equipment

I don't have a lot since I originally bought what ever I could find in a store,

adon: 1 ogre, 1 mantis, 2 hornets, 1 challenger, 1 sultan, 2 bishops

ritterlich: 1 rhino, 1 cougar, 1 jaguar, 1 puma

malvernis: 1 revenant, 2 wraiths, 1 wight, 1 specter, 1 butcher

rach: 1 dictator '70, 2 malefactors

I had thought about using all of these as a freelancer force, but I have decided to concentrate on terrans and templars since I had the most models from these 2 lines.

Anyone interested in the above models, they have only been assembled, not even primed, I was waiting for the campaign supplement to come out before I decided on a paint scheme.

I will take any terran or templar models in trade.

EDIT. sorry for the hijack, now back to the Knight.

Back in Cav1 when the Ghostwarriors were mercenaries we had a section of Knights, they were and still are great medium combat machines, effective against soft and hard targets, good armor and mobility what is there not to like? The Mini even 'looks' good, a very balanced model that 'looks' like it can do what it was designed to do.

Now that we are in Cav2's universe I have martialed all my H-M equipment from before and am starting a Templar force.

BTW all my adon, ritterlich, malvernis and rach stuff is for trade for terran or templar equipment

I don't have a lot since I originally bought what ever I could find in a store,

adon: 1 ogre, 1 mantis, 2 hornets, 1 challenger, 1 sultan, 2 bishops

ritterlich: 1 rhino, 1 cougar, 1 jaguar, 1 puma

malvernis: 1 revenant, 2 wraiths, 1 wight, 1 specter, 1 butcher

rach: 1 dictator '70, 2 malefactors

I had thought about using all of these as a freelancer force, but I have decided to concentrate on terrans and templars since I had the most models from these 2 lines.

Anyone interested in the above models, they have only been assembled, not even primed, I was waiting for the campaign supplement to come out before I decided on a paint scheme.

I will take any terran or templar models in trade.

EDIT. sorry for the hijack, now back to the Knight.

OK, Maybe Broken was an overstatement, but dang it after the ripping I took to that section of Naginatas, Linked is on my list of things I DON'T like to see on my opponent's datacards. Seeing that Linked costs are being recalculated actually sets my mind at ease. I have no ptoblem with it, I just think it's too cheap.

Off the topic of Linked...

On the Spartan, there's two pairs of machine guns/AP equipment on either side of the cockpit. At least I assume they're MGs/AP Gear, or are they the ESM?

Just thought I'd point it out.

That's one of the reasons that the Spartan has such a high CCV. Trust me, get a platoon full of those guys and snd you can eat Rhinos for breakfast with close combat.

On the Subject of the Knight and link SA. I used one in three games. One out of four rerolls hit. Of course, I was fighting alot of heavies and super-heavies that were beefed up with upgrades. I didn't find it undercost and I don't think my opponents did either since they blew them up fairly well (stupid Mastodumbs ::(: )