CAV Open Beta 1.5 - Data Cards

Mad Pat

I'm trying to get my mind around the beta rules so I can start running demos at my FLGS. I'm sure most of my questions will be resolved as I actually play, but for now I have a few questions. I'm familiar with the Warlord game (I'm Nevada's only BL rep) and I'm trying to expand to another system. Anyway, does #MA on the data card refer to the number of melee attacks a model gets, or missile attacks? I know it's a silly question, but it'll clear things up for me.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never played CAV, but I am interested. I recently downloaded the stats and Open Beta 1.5 rules from CAVHQ. I have a few questions about Infantry.

How can I match the stats in the 1.5 Infantry Data Cards with CAV models? :blink: Of the 12 stats in the pdf, only 2 have model numbers (7017 and 7015). What stats in the infantry data cards should I associate with the following models 7025, 7032, 7033, 7061, 7062? I am assuming that the other infantry like Hovercycle will have models released in the future.

- de

There are more types of infantry than there are infantry blisters. Typically you pick the infantry minis that best fit the type being fielded. One of the things supposed to happen with the new rules is a repacking of infantry blisters to better match the new infantry units. Haven't heard anything 'bout that in a while though.

What comes after the slash is the name of the UCOR that produces that model.

UCOR stands for United Corporate Organized Republic, and is sort of like a corporation that has become a governmental body. Like if Toyota or Ford decided to become it's own State or Province.

What comes after the slash is the name of the UCOR that produces that model.

UCOR stands for United Corporate Organized Republic, and is sort of like a corporation that has become a governmental body. Like if Toyota or Ford decided to become it's own State or Province.

Is it just fluff or does it have significance to the game?

There are more types of infantry than there are infantry blisters. Typically you pick the infantry minis that best fit the type being fielded. One of the things supposed to happen with the new rules is a repacking of infantry blisters to better match the new infantry units. Haven't heard anything 'bout that in a while though.

Any suggestions for matching the data cards with models 7016, 7025, 7032, 7033, 7061, and 7062?

Here is what I came up with

Rifle Team 7015

Armored Rifle 7017

Light Mortar Team 7032

Heavy Mortar Team 7033

Amored Light Mortar Team 7061

Amored Heavy Mortar Team 7062

7025 could be used for a few of the light infantry (Flamethrower, Assault, Shredder)

7016 could be used for Armored Hunter or Shredder