Sign in to follow this  
Chairman Aeon

Infinity sci-fu manga game

Stones Edges - orbital Provides walls, floors, stairs and corners. No props though so you need to find things to fill your base with.

Awesome, thank you! I was not familiar with this set, and it looks great with your infinity guys! I hope you post some battle reports when the time comes ::D:

I played two games tonight. The first was 300 points of Yu Jing v Pan O. I had a really great position for my ninja sniper and my HMG heavy outgunned his so I controlled the middle. He brought out his croc man and his tag and managed to kill my TAG, but I wounded him enough that I could finish his TAG with sniper fire. I also killed his croc man with my Shaolin in CC> 14 points of melee badarse!

The second game was a cluster foxtrot of 3 players to a side. It was fun but got a bit silly and ran out of time, though we were getting our butts whupped by the Cutter.

The game is really good.

Sounds awesome Ranz. Everyone I know who has played this has had a good time. The whole Lieutenant construct in the rules threw me a bit, but maybe I need to give this a more in depth look. I've really been fighting the urge though!

Great book, but make sure you check the FAQ out on the infinity website, there are a few translation errors and a few places where things need to be cleared up. But overall it is such an attractive book. Next month I am running demos at the UKs largest (in terms of size not length) wargames show and Corvus Belli are coming over to have a presence so I will get to met some of them.

On second thought, I'm less cranky.

I already have the old Yu-Jing starter, and after looking hard at the Ariadna starter, it is in need of new sculpts, and I think I can live without it.

The new Yu-Jing sculpts look so awesome.

Oh and my Caskuda should be here this week ::o:

Yeah, hold off on the Ariadna box, it's supposed to be the next one in line to get a new minis.

Edit: they just anounced today - due out May.

Just picked up the Caskuda. Probably the finest metal miniature I have ever owned. Crisp cast, loads of detail, unique pose, great design. Loads of parts, but fits together like a dream.

Unfortunantly, the price increase has broken me. I'm putting in an order through the FLSG before they kick in, but after that, it's going to be a while.

Individual figs are around $12 a blister now, I can not afford that. ::(:

Good time for Chronoscope to hit the market though!

Yeah, I've been painting Infinity models for a client for awhile now, and if he can't afford the models, he really can't afford to pay me to do them. Stupid gas crunch is kicking the price of everything in the butt.

Meh. They put off any price increases for the two years they've been selling Infinity. I'll keep buying and shell out an extra buck or two. ::D:

In the end it's nowhere near the impact of a GW increase. :lol:

It's not the impact, it's the straw that breaks this camel's back. I just can't justify $12 for single figure, more then once or twice a year.

And I'm not picking on Infinity. It's really all minis that are heading away from affordable. It's simply more noticeable on imported minis. Artizan thrilling tales packs were $9-$12 a year ago, they're up to $14.

And it's not like the companies that are trying to gouge us or anything, their prices are going up just as much as ours!

Yeah, I know what you mean. But I've really culled my overall hobby expenditures so much that now I look at it now like the old "if I'm gonna drink beer, it's gonna be good beer" agument. :lol:

Besides, with them being so pricey, I'm actually painting all of them. :lol:

I'm really excited about the new Chrono stuff too, I'll have to get my buddy to pick some up during Reapercon. ::D:

With so few figures a month that I need buy it doesn't worry me much. Infinity is now basically the only game I am buying and looking at this months releases I will have to buy 2 figures only. Not an issue for me really. However when you play more games then you need to spread the budget over more figures and it is an issue.

Despite the kitchen table being covered in works in progress, I started that Caskuda. I'm going to paint it in sections, which I usually never do. The only poor fit is the head. It isn't quite wide enough, and only goes flush on one side or the other.

It's still an incredible model.

Oh and the catalog is well worth the price. Three views of every figure released up to this year. I hope they do an art book too, as it looks like there's lots of background art and concepts that we haven't seen.

Edit: Oh and part of the problem with the cost of Infinity? My FLSG. Through them, each infinity mini is at least $3 more then I would pay TheWarstore, and then theres state sales tax. That much of a discount really adds up. I love my FLSG, but man, I can't afford to pay that much more.