Infinity sci-fu manga game

Chairman Aeon

You mean Masamune Shirow's "Ghost in the shell..." ;)

The figs shown so far, as well as the arwork, are very Shirowesque....

I dunno, I never read the manga. ;) Aside from a few exceptions I find most anime and manga to be rubbish.

Oshii did the direction for the films. Oikura did character design as well.

I'll check out Shirow, though.

I highly reccomend Masamune's works. I thought a lot of Anime and Manga was 'rubbish' as well, but this stuff's good.

The new movie is a lot better than the original one, but still not as good as the manga.

--LSH

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thin saying most anime/manga is rubbish is a truism applicable to ANYTHING. I personally think most US TV is rubbish too (with a few exceptions)...

Damon.

You'll get no arguement here from me :) I think most anime is like pop music in that it's a certain style to appeal to a certain group of people *cough cough* Otaku *cough* and that is it - very little substance. (I also think most pop music is rubbish as well)

I do *love* Cowboy Bebop, though :D

I thin saying most anime/manga is rubbish is a truism applicable to ANYTHING. I personally think most US TV is rubbish too (with a few exceptions)...

Damon.

You'll get no arguement here from me :) I think most anime is like pop music in that it's a certain style to appeal to a certain group of people *cough cough* Otaku *cough* and that is it - very little substance. (I also think most pop music is rubbish as well)

I do *love* Cowboy Bebop, though :D

Cowboy Bebop doesn't count. It's so good that it would have still been a great story if they had done it as live-action sci-fi instead of anime.

It's the good story bit that makes good Anime... same reason I like the Patlabor movies, Project A-ko, Spirited Away, AD Police, Ghost in the Shell etc...

It transcends it's genre to become something good all on it's own merrit - it's not just a bunch of Big-Eyed Small-Mouthed Cat People running away from Hentai Squid ;)

It's the good story bit that makes good Anime... same reason I like the Patlabor movies, Project A-ko, Spirited Away, AD Police, Ghost in the Shell etc...

It transcends it's genre to become something good all on it's own merrit - it's not just a bunch of Big-Eyed Small-Mouthed Cat People running away from Hentai Squid ;)

My point exactly.

Ghost in the Shell = good because of a Good Story.

Full metal Alchemist is good because of its story.

FLCL=Brain melting

Looks like I have the start of my Christmas list now.

Well thought out, character driven Anime is just as good if not better than some of the live action movies that are made. The final episode of Cowboy Beebop is a wonderful example of how good Anime can be. I agree there is much more poorly done Anime than good, but when its good....