Infinity sci-fu manga game

Chairman Aeon

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I guess I won't be buying these from Wargames...

I've always found Wargames prices to be a bit high. Back in the day when Foundry was individually sold, I could get a single Foundry mini for $1.40, and from Wargames I could get an Essex 25mm figure for $1.49. The quality was no where NEAR foundry's (well cast, but sculpting tended to be a bit off...). Essex direct from the source was only $0.95 at the time, reasonable for what you got.

I'm going to look for a UK source for these...

Damon.

Thats a good point. I find on a general metal model to metal model basis - Reaper and GW tend to run about the same price of between $3.50 and $4.50 for each.

Like the new Wardances boxed set is $45 and most people would say "Whoa! Thats a lot, and you only get 10 figures" But it works out to about $4.50 a model which is $.01 more than the cost of an individual reaper model. - so a troop for warlord would work out to about the same - unless you have a large model as a command, and then it's more.

However, GW has this weird thing where their command models are expensive - so the wardancers command is $15 for 2 models, or $7.50 each. And then a single space marine commander is $15? Wow.

So back on topic - $6 a figure is a little high, but not that far off base.

Lately I find myself getting really excited if I can get single 28mm models for $2 or so. Lets all blame the chinese for high costs of metal miniatures.

I think GW has some kind of pricing algortithm that is tied directly to how many points the model is worth, how bad people want it, and how necessary it is to have it in your army. I was almost going to expand my space marines until I saw that after the latest price increase a box of five plastic terminators was $50 dazed012.gifangry012.gif

The other thing to look at when determining how much a game will cost, look at how many points a typical tournament sized army would be, and how many models that would require at $x per model.

Minis that aren't part of a game system is a different story and falls to supply and demand and how much you're willing to pay for a miniature. Now, if a company were to produce a line of master sculpted figures with excellent casting quality control above and beyond what is the norm in the miniature industry, I would be willing to pay more for the extra talent, effort, and overall quality of said models.

The Infinity site has been updated, and there's a new faction preview on TMP:http://theminiaturespage.com/news/362108/

While I've liked most of the minis preview so far, the Nomad Interventor on TMP is the first that I can't live without.

Galeria_haqq_nom.jpg

This game may be a triple threat: cool models, nifty fluff, and a nice game engine.

I think GW has some kind of pricing algortithm that is tied directly to how many points the model is worth, how bad people want it, and how necessary it is to have it in your army. I was almost going to expand my space marines until I saw that after the latest price increase a box of five plastic terminators was $50 dazed012.gifangry012.gif

I think I bought my first box of all metal teminators for right around $50. Got rid of most of my GW figs but just could not part with my small collection of teminators.

This looks like Infinity is turning into a threat to my wallet too :down:

Convenience?

No, seriously, it's because one of them has extra parts to turn him into a squad leader or something.

No - I'm pretty sure you get 4 knights with storm-bolters and one with an incenerator. Each are $10 on their own. The individual grey knights squads is the same thing. $10 for a blister of 2 knights or $30 for 5....

There, there might *possibly* be a backpack w/ banner pole piece. To bits order a backpack is about $2-$2.50 tops. The standard plastic backpacks are $2.00 for 5 of them

Convenience?

No, seriously, it's because one of them has extra parts to turn him into a squad leader or something.

No - I'm pretty sure you get 4 knights with storm-bolters and one with an incenerator. Each are $10 on their own. The individual grey knights squads is the same thing. $10 for a blister of 2 knights or $30 for 5....

There, there might *possibly* be a backpack w/ banner pole piece. To bits order a backpack is about $2-$2.50 tops. The standard plastic backpacks are $2.00 for 5 of them

Honestly, I went to GW's online store. The Extra $5 for the terminators box is because you get special sergeant parts in the boxed set that aren't available in the blisters. I didn't look at the power armor knights, so you might be right about those.

Convenience?

Honestly, I went to GW's online store. The Extra $5 for the terminators box is because you get special sergeant parts in the boxed set that aren't available in the blisters. I didn't look at the power armor knights, so you might be right about those.

AH HA! I see where I'm missing it on the US site - under the listing of troops under daemonhunters it just lists the box - but under "Elites" and then the box one can see the bits. It's a halbeard and sgt arm, good catch. To order grey knights in terminator armor by bits, it's over $11 each ($6 for the body, $2.50 for each arm and then the base and shield sprue) I'll bet the power armor knights are the same thing. I fully stand corrected :D