Infinity sci-fu manga game

Chairman Aeon

Wow, that's pretty steep. I was thinking about picking one or two up just paint for the heck of it. Not at that price though.

Yeah click on the link and scroll down. The one I like which is a single mini is like $30, and a few others aren't far behind price-wise.

http://www.fantization.com/cgi-bin/cart/mS...Infinity_1.html

Geez , are those US prices ? A bit too rich for me even if the minis are very nice ! :blink:

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Non-armored humans are about 30mm. Figures in armor (like the ORC troopers) are about 35mm.

I'm ok with the expense so far, the detail is great, and they're really not heroically proportioned (besides the large chests on some of the females), which I appreciate.

I still haven't worked up to the $30 minis though, but there really isn't any apples to apples comparison out there.

Some nifty announcements going on over that the Ininity Forums:

http://www.infinitythegame.com/foro/forum

Next faction, due March/April with the core rules, is Haqqislam, a new green has been posted:

SSCN1807.jpg

Due Feb. are Hackers for several factions, including the Nomad Interventor (the entire Nomad force isn't due until Julyish though). The hackers will include pre-painted acetate sheets to represent holo-interfaces, sample below:

interventor_web.jpg

Also, we get genetically-engineered wolf-men in kilts.

I really like the idea of the acetate interfaces, at least on a display model. I don't know how practical it will be as a wargaming piece, however...

So does the setting have lots of peeps with cyber-enhancements? Can't wait for the time when I can say "Sorry buddy...but I had to hack your eyes..."

Damon.

I really like the idea of the acetate interfaces, at least on a display model. I don't know how practical it will be as a wargaming piece, however...

So does the setting have lots of peeps with cyber-enhancements? Can't wait for the time when I can say "Sorry buddy...but I had to hack your eyes..."

Damon.

Looks like hackers will play a big role. There's even markers for 'hacked' and 'posessed' along with the usal wounds and such. Of course, the lower-tech factions don't have hackers, they have to hire them. Thye also are not vulnerable to hacking, because of the lack of enhancements. If the system was a little smoother, I'd play.

Non-armored humans are about 30mm. Figures in armor (like the ORC troopers) are about 35mm.

I'm ok with the expense so far, the detail is great, and they're really not heroically proportioned (besides the large chests on some of the females), which I appreciate.

I still haven't worked up to the $30 minis though, but there really isn't any apples to apples comparison out there.

The "regular" troopers that come in the Yu Jing boxed set stand as high as a GW Space Marine (which have always been undersized... :blink: ) I haven't picked up any of the "larger" mins yet either, but the new Yu Jing "robot" looks pretty impressive.

AJC

Big updates at Infinitythegame.com Hackers for Pan O, and Yu look Awesome

FusilierHacker.jpg

ZhanshiHacker.jpg

Almost hate to say it, but I love this mini:

HospitallerMultiRifle.jpg

Not really liking this one though:

UxiaMcNeill.jpg

Rules have been updated with most if not all of the new figures. Hackers are indeed very powerful.

I agree. The face is fine. What I really have problems with are the hips. It may be the photo, it may be the equipment, but something about it distrupts the flow and IMHO doesn't look very feminine...

Damon.

I didn't even realize it was female. I just thought it was a very scrawny male. :wacko:

First dissapointment with Infinity miniatures. The Pan O Drones look cool, have the same great level of detail, but they're small, really small.

Not at all the size I expected for $27.

I'm just being rhetorical here, but they have lots of parts, is that where the cost is going? Are there several molds? Is the packaging (box) that expensive? I'm just comparing these minis to others in the Infinity line, and I really don't see why one couldn't be on a blister for $9.

I'm just being rhetorical here, but they have lots of parts, is that where the cost is going?

Have you seen the price difference between Warcrow figs in one piece versus multipart figs? Have you not heard the pricing explanation from Privateer Press.

I can understand it why someone might take a pass because of price (read: value), I do it with Freebooter.

Iain.