2808 Taryn Spearmaiden

Jubilee

This model was a pain! I attached the hair after I finished the rest of the model, and painted it very carefully. While I was finishing the base, it fell off, even though I'm sure I hardly touched it =(. I even have a pin in there!! I tried a longer pin the second time and I hope it will hold - although I had thought to sell this one on ebay, I am afraid that shipping it won't work. Anyone have experience with it? I may have made a mistake in attaching it angling away from the body, too. =(

I'm not entirely happy with how the flesh turned out, but I like the rest!

taryn1.jpg

taryn4.jpg

There are more angles at my website (see signature).

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Jubilee, I love the color scheme! I love mixing purple and green. I think the flesh tone is very nice. I use Gorilla glue instead of epoxy. I think it holds better and it doesn't smell as bad. Also I hate to pin things. Gorilla glue has a really strong hold. One method I've been using lately is to use just a very small drop of it (you don't need to use a lot b/c it expands as it dries) in the center then use a fast drying superglue on the edges. That way you don't have to hold the pcs hours on end.

Good luck!

Thanks everyone!

With regards to pinning - multiple pins won't work unless I remove the "hair band" that is holding her hair in a pony tail. You can see it ever so slightly in the front pic - it's teal. It's big enough for me to put a paper clip in, and then I drilled the hole on the hair deeper to fit it around the paper clip.

She's purty! I think her flesh (and there is plenty of it) turned out well. Very smooth, subtle shading and highlights. What's not to like?

Her hair is a pain. I did a custom version of Taryn for the Spring Mini Exchange. It took Zap-A-Gap, a pin and some green stuff to get it to stay together. She's pretty slender, so there were some other places where I ran into problems keeping the pewter together while doing the conversion. I hope she's holding up alright.

Well done, Jubilee. I like the teal and indigo. Nice mini! Congrats!

Aww shucks.. You guys are so nice to me. :)

I think the flesh on her is one of those things where the camera is kinder to me than the eye (Maybe you guys are just kinder than me, too). Although the tops of her legs were the areas I had the most trouble with, and of course, those aren't really a focus in the camera. If you pick her up and look at her from the top and hold he reaaal close, well... sigh. :)

When I first got her ready to paint, I realized I had lost her hair! I had thoguht of sculpting on hair with green stuff, but since i'd already primed her, I didn't know if it would work out (does greenstuff have trouble sticking to primer?), so I begged reaper for new hair for her. :) Probably would have saved myself some trouble if I had sculpted something simpler!

/ali

There's just something about the hair and the shoes that is somewhat distracting to me, could just be me though.

Prophet

I'll conceed that purple is an unusual color for boots, so maybe it's because they're sortof.. unnatural? I thought about making them a different color, but I couldn't settle on something that wouldn't stray too far from the color scheme as it was.. (or blend in with the ground)

Maybe the hair is distracting because it's so massive? I'd appreciate it if you could pin it down if it's something about how I painted it, though.. would help me in the future. :)

Thanks, all ;)

/ali