First review request

John Lee

I know that this is non-Reaper, but I wanted to show it off some where. Let me start by saying that my photography skills are somewhat lacking, the transitonson the flesh really arent as abrupt as they appear ( I know you're thinking, "yeah, right"). This was afun mini to paint. It comes as a customizable package: Three different heads ( smiling, grimmacing, and cigar smoking ), three different weapons ( ax, two-handed sword, and a big wooden hammer-thingy), and two different positions on the non-weapon holding hand/arm. Very little flash. If you need anotherbig musled up barbarian guy, this one is for you.

Here it is, comments/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks, John Lee

Whoops! Here's the photo:post-685-1126939223_thumb.jpg

Here's a picture of the base that I made for it:

post-685-1126939312_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since its not a reaper mini would you mind telling me where you got it so i may add it to my collection.

Death Jester :grr:

It is made by a company called Heresy miniatures, several online stores carry the line but I ordered mine from www.Fantization.com.

John Lee

Thanks everybody for the kind words. I agree the base could be better. I painted this as a gift for a friend's birthday and after I finished it , it just screamed for something more. His b-day was in two days and I had no time to get supplies, so I used what I had on hand. I was going to recess the base into the cork, but there wasn't really any room. I did use a magnet to attach the two together so he wouldn't fall off.

I didn't have a proper lighting set up for the photo, so the picture was brightened up quite a bit with software. I hope to construct a light box soon.

Thanks again,

John Lee

Great job with the mini and the base. My only suggestion would be that it would look even better without the plastic base on the mini. Excellent work!

I have to agree. There are ways to make mini bases where you can still remove the figure and not have to use the plastic base that came with the mini.