Worst dating experiences

Enchantra

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, it is my sophmore year and my first non group date. Just me and a senior, I was feeling pretty good about myself. Welll, we went on the typical HS date, a movie. We are sitting in the theater and my date can't open her M&Ms so i graciously offer to help. I put my large coke between my legs and gently tug on the M&M bag, it would not open. Not wanting to look a fool I yank really hard on the bag to pull it open and in the process rip the bag apart at the seams, send M&Ms flying everywhere and to top it all off I smashed my legs together in the process and sent my coke erupting all over the crotch of my pants. Needless to say, I was a bit embarassed and we did not ever share a second date.

Now, have been on two dates where the girl left with someone besides me and neither time did I mind. IMO, one of them is one of my most memorable dates. That is a story for antoher time.

Once in high school I asked some of my friends of the opposite gender what they looked for in a guy (yeah I was getting desperate). The three of them all gave answers along the lines of someone who's nice with a good sense of humor and can appreciate a girl for more than her body. So then I ask them if that wasn't a a relatively close description of myself, to which they all agreed. Then I asked them why they all turned me down when I asked them out before we became friends. They all answered with "I don't know" or "because." I think that was the point I decided that I would never understand the opposite sex and became one with my inner geek and forsook the opinion of the rest of the world. Didn't help me get dates at all until later when I was in a career field full of geeks, but I was happy with who I was which was more than a lot of my friends could say.

What women want. Tough one. My experience is that women want to mess around with the "bad guys" and marry the "good guys". This is not from what women have told me (as you describe, they tend to give the "I like 'good guys' " speech), but from observation.

This means that the "bad guys" are popular early on, when everyone is messing around with eachother trying to figure out who they are and what they want. This is the stage where being a "good guy" really sucks, since most of the time you're in the friend zone, watching the creeps do their thing.

Later on when women are ready to settle down, they look for the reliable "good guy" to marry/live with. I have no idea what the "bad guys" are doing at this point, since I learned to ignore them early on.

I have a solution to creepy stalker girl, since I've been stalked before myself. If you know this girl's name, get a restraining order. It's really nice, the police serve her the restraining order and she cannot make any contact with you at all. No calls from her anymore, and I believe you can have it so she cannot have contact with your girlfriend too. Though your girlfriend might have to file her own restraining order against this girl depending on local laws. Depending on the laws in your area you might be able to get a "cease and desist" order also meaning she is not allowed to spread lies about you etc. Granted this won't completely stop the craziness, but it's a method of controlling it. I would talk with a legal counsel on your college campus. Most colleges have someone on campus who can give you some assistance with such things. They will be well versed in the local and state laws and know what avenues you can take. I also know NY has an anti-stalking law in effect.

This girl stopped calling after the first two or three threatening messages. And I actually have a very effective restraining order in place - My girlfriend finally pulled creepy stalker girl aside and told her, "You don't talk about Bill, got it? He's not your boyfriend, he wants nothing to do with you, he is my boyfriend and I will not stand by while you slander us by saying he's yours. Got it?"

My girlfriend may be short, cute and cuddly on the outside, but underneath that is muscle and an attitude that says "You think you can beat me? Go ahead, try me."

Oh my god, I just realized I'm dating a dwarven Shieldmaiden.

The real trick is to act totally uninterested, women want what they can't have. (As do men) Play it cool, act like anything other than friendship is the farthest thing from your mind. Remember women sense desperation.

I just remembered another embaresing date, I was in a "relationship" with this girl, when we started it neither of us wanted anything serious.

Anyway, she started getting rather possesive and clingy so I stopped the relationship.

Two weeks later I'm at our local bar with another woman, when she comes in wailing at the top of her lungs how she loves me and wants me back.

I'm feeling really embarressed for her and people in the bar are looking at me like I'm some kinda monster.

This means that the "bad guys" are popular early on, when everyone is messing around with eachother trying to figure out who they are and what they want. This is the stage where being a "good guy" really sucks, since most of the time you're in the friend zone, watching the creeps do their thing.

Later on when women are ready to settle down, they look for the reliable "good guy" to marry/live with.

I had enough girlfriends make sure that being the "self-controlled" guy sucked after settle-down time, too. A fellow has to be careful not to fall into that trap.

Okay..so I'm not entirely innocent of the crime of lying to a boy to make him stop asking.

And I'm also guilty of using the oldest "guy-trick" in the book.

There was this guy I met while working on a volunteer project with my father. He was what you might call a redneck I suppose..and for some strange reason my dad saw fit to arrange it so that this boy and I had to ride out in the boy's car to post up some signs about the event we were working with. All of a sudden the guy starts asking me about my "status".

I lied.

I told him "I got a boyfriend already. He's in Canada for the summer....training to be a bodybuilder."

Oh, and if you go out with a crazy Russian girl who claims that she is divorced, then has you drop her off two blocks from home, then you need to be careful.....ran into her and the "ex" a month later. Glad I stopped seeing someone who is married to a half-ogre.

Went out with a girl from Sri Lanka for about half a year. When she told me that her very religious family would probably kill us if they found out (not kill in the way an american teenager might use it, but litterally kill) the realationship kinda lost it's charm. That and her psychotic ex boyfriend who sent me to the hospital.

Relationship Defining Talks is where you learn that you're not really Husband Material.

Gonna stay outta this thread, except to say that I finally met someone who could deal with someone who is good guy and bad guy pretty much simltaneously. Everyone before had trouble with one or the other. I even have a period in my life where all my memories of it are in greyscale I was that ****ed up.

I guess there's some people out there to whom I'd like to say "Married six years and one day. Very happy. Go **** yourself." That'll have to do.

Never been stood up, but IMO, the worst experience a guy can suffer in the dating scene goes something like this:

And here I thought it would be more like some guy's buds saying "DUDE! Chicks don't have Adam's Apples!!!!!"

That and her psychotic ex boyfriend who sent me to the hospital.

THAT my firend is one of the reasons we Americans are heavily armed: Crazy Ex-Boyfriends.