Old crow models...

Black Lightning 2

Hey Gang...

I recently ran across these guys while trolling around the miniatures page website.

They have a really nice set of futuristic/ modern looking buildings in the 6mm scale range.  This scale, while best for 1/285th scale BattleTech, also works well with 10mm (1/160th scale) CAV as I'm told.

These guys are based out of England (not that I haven't ordered a bunch of Forge World stuff from England).

Hey Frank (or anyone else residing in that locale), have you messed with these guys any?  Have you seen their stuff?

Anyway, check it out for yourself:

Old Crow Models

The Miniatures Page

Cheers!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay I play with Frank on a regular basis and I also have an extensive B-Tech collection so when I saw these I had to get some. Thus I have a large collection (starting work on seaport to fit container ship in). For B-Tech they work fine for CAV bit small but we consider them to just be the top part of underground complexes hence small size. They are more than big enough for CAVs to hide behind and the Mech bays fit most CAVs OK weapons tend to jut out but in reality would be pointing at the ground. Anyway they work very well and are a good price as well. I have got to know Jez quite well at various shows that I see him at and he is always working on new things sure he would ship to US if not I will for people once figured out price of transport etc.

Would also point out his 25mm vehicles are really sweet just finished 6 of them and they look sweeet.

Would also point out his 25mm vehicles are really sweet just finished 6 of them and they look sweeet.

Hey, thanks for the tip, Man.

Now, as far as the 25mm vehicles go.  I'm kind of interested in using the turret accessories for use as static defensive emplacements...

Like the Gladius Tank Turret and the Bowman Point Defence Turret.

Would these be too big to be used for CAV?

I knew that, BL2. you're talking the 6mm, not the 25mm.

No, you were right.

I am talking about the 25mm turrets accessories.  I'm just saying that the big tank guns would obviously be too large...  But, the smaller, AA guns...  Those might just work.

Now, as far as the scale goes...  They assure me that the 6mm buildings do fit in a 10mm (CAV scale) tabletop without being too small.

For instance, the Aerofoil Tower (#621) is 4/5-5" tall.  This works pretty well, I think.

Hmmm, the 25mm Splinter Skimmer looks remarkably similar to the GI Joe Shark mini-sub dohicky that I had as a kid.

Ground Zero Games - http://www.gtns.net/gzgstore/ - has a good selection of 25mm and 6mm minis.  Most of you will recognize their Microtac line of 6mm SciFi buildings as being identical to the ones used in the color photos in the Battletech Master Rules book.

And their Hammer's Slammers minis rock!