Stone creations spray paints

TKD

Rustoleum makes these spray paints called "Stone Creations". They look like a nice shortcut for painting terrain, like my big plastic Warhammer fortress.

http://www.rustoleum.com/product.asp?frm_product_id=16&SBL=1

Has anyone here ever used them? I am curious how it comes out, how well it holds up, and how well it handles (or needs) additional painting on top.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they're great!

I warn you, though. They do take some time to dry, DON'T TOUCH WHILE WET!

They have little flakes in them that land willy-nilly on the target spot, and once you let it dry, they look great. (I made the mistake of touching it once, a perfect hillside, ruined by a thumbprint)

--but yes, they are very cool. They still have the problem of spray vs. styrofoam, but a couple of layers of black acrylic paint before spraying should take care of that for you.

--lstormhammer

I used some of these for a home dec project, not mini related.  I found that using an undercoat of a similar color under the stone effect paint worked best.  It takes less stone color to cover the area that way.  I used silver paint under gray "Stone Creations" and dark green under the green stone paint.  It looks pretty good, alot like granite.  I used it on containers that take moderate usage and it has held up pretty well. I'd say it is worth a try.

I was in Michaels the other day and found something unique.  Have no idea of anyone has used it or not.  It appears to work along the same lines as snow tex but is made of slightly different stuff.  Each jar looks like it is holding stone in a  cream form and then it is applied witha  brush or pallette knife.  It dries to look like stone and several colors are available.  I think Decoart or Deltaceramcoat makes the stuff.      :laugh: