Kaladrax (Dracolich)

joerav17

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is one nasty-looking undead dragon. And by "nasty-looking", I mean ancient, creepy, evil, and terrifying. Great job!

The darker rust-browns and blacks at the joints and in the hollows makes him look like he clawed his way out of the ground, while the bleached-white looks like the bones have been exposed (without flesh) for a long while. The colors you used on his wings makes them look like old, dry, rotten leather, which adds to the ancient look.

I don't know if it's a naturalistic representation of either an old or fresh skeleton, but it works for an undead dragon. As a gaming miniature (Miniature, ha! He looks huge!) he would work for either a mindless, animated skeleton, or a thoroughly evil dracolich. I'd both love and hate to see him show up on the table.

Great mini!

I really like the bone work. What tutorial is this?

The tutorial was personal experimentation. . . I could tell you what I did though. . .

Bone:

1. Brown Ink over the entire dragon

2. Dry brush rotting flesh

3. Dry brush bleached bone

4. Dry brush skull white (just areas I wanted to look clean)

5. Touch up areas I wanted to look old w/ light amount of brown ink

Wings:

1. Brown Ink

2. Flesh Ink

3. Snakebite leather dry brush

4. Snakebite/white dry brush

That was it. . . took a long time, but I think it came out looking realistic

Looks good. Need at least one large version of photo #2 or 3.

I've always loved the Dracolich from D&D and was impressed Reaper had a model. Will have to add it to the wish list.

Couldn't fit a larger pic in cause of file size restrictions unfortunately. . .

Does anyone know how I can increase my Global Space Left (under file attachments). . . the forum won't even let me start another new topic saying I don't have enough space??? I also would like to post some of the requested pictures of Kaladrax (ie . . . close up of wings, larger full body pics). Thanks for your help/suggestions