Sign in to follow this  
Errex

What camera are you using as of now?

I don't think a macro lens is required for taking pics of miniatures. Your28-100 will be more than ample, but you have a lot more experience than I do and are probably aware of that. I want to get a 50mm lens and see how that will impact the crispness of my miniature shots. I am going to buy it for portraits and shots at parties and such, but think it will also be agreat tool for miniatures.

Bring your camera to Game day, I will bring mine. I would like to pick your brain on photography.

I would be more then willing to bring my camera! :)

If you bring your camera do me a favor and bring the operators manual as well.. that way I can take a look at some of the settings. I Bring mine everywhere I go with my camera as well :)

I am hopeful I can truely get out soon enough to enjoy the hobby of photography once again! :)

I don't think a macro lens is required for taking pics of miniatures. Your28-100 will be more than ample, but you have a lot more experience than I do and are probably aware of that. I want to get a 50mm lens and see how that will impact the crispness of my miniature shots. I am going to buy it for portraits and shots at parties and such, but think it will also be agreat tool for miniatures.

Bring your camera to Game day, I will bring mine. I would like to pick your brain on photography.

I would be more then willing to bring my camera! :)

If you bring your camera do me a favor and bring the operators manual as well.. that way I can take a look at some of the settings. I Bring mine everywhere I go with my camera as well :)

I am hopeful I can truely get out soon enough to enjoy the hobby of photography once again! :)

When is Game Day? I could also stop by with my camera and 100mm macro lens.

Up until yesterday I was using a Panasonic Lumix DMC-LC43 digital, yesterday I bought a Nikon D50 DSLR, the difference is amazing. I don't even have to remove the yellow cast caused by the lights I was using from images anymore becasue there is none.

I also bought a 12" Ez Cube and two photography lamps, wont be here for a few more days but I truly look forward to it.

I have a Kodak Easyshare DX6490

HOw do you like that camera.. Before I had my Nikon D70.. I had a Kodak Easyshare 3700.. I did like it but I was annoyed at the long pause it had in taking a picture. It was almost like needing a Tripod for everything I did. I would hit the shutter release and have to wait almost a full two seconds for it to take a picture. As my wife gave it to me as a gift for christmas.. I was hard pressed to tell her I wanted another camera.. though after having it for a couple of years I was finally able to convince her that I wanted a better one.. and she let me choose basically the one I wanted this time instead of her :)

I have a Kodak Easyshare DX6490

HOw do you like that camera.. Before I had my Nikon D70.. I had a Kodak Easyshare 3700.. I did like it but I was annoyed at the long pause it had in taking a picture. It was almost like needing a Tripod for everything I did. I would hit the shutter release and have to wait almost a full two seconds for it to take a picture. As my wife gave it to me as a gift for christmas.. I was hard pressed to tell her I wanted another camera.. though after having it for a couple of years I was finally able to convince her that I wanted a better one.. and she let me choose basically the one I wanted this time instead of her :)

Quality of pictures-wise, I am extremely pleased with it. I too have noticed a delay between hitting the button and taking the actual picture, but the only times that it has really been a problem is when taking pictures of moving targets. In those cases I switch to sport mode and/or use the burst option and then deleting the pics that I don't want.

Stefan

I also have a Kodak Easyshare DX6490. I think its about 2-3 seconds between pics unless you have it on sport mode. I've only had it about a month and I love it.

I also have a Kodak Easyshare DX6490. I think its about 2-3 seconds between pics unless you have it on sport mode. I've only had it about a month and I love it.

Hey.. I would love to see the camera.. bring it in to the paint shop if you would not mind that is? :)

no prob. I won't be at the paint shop for a few weeks.... probably won't be there till you are well enough to be there.

I will be there hopefully this coming week :)