Sign in to follow this  
ugluk69

Back to Patrol....

Well the federal "pro-arrest" grant (a grant designed to help curb domestic ) I have worked under for the last 2 years ran out. The Chief of Police, my boss, decided to not pay for my postion, so I get to go back to driving a patrol car around on graveyards (2100-0700hrs). I go from wearing a suit and tie to wearing a uniform and "bullet-proof" vest. Oh well its not all bad as I will get a $0.65 an hour raise for shift differential pay.

Poor Ugluk is a peon again....... :down:

I did two years on midnights and liked the hours but my body could not adjust to the odd sleep hours. I worked evenings for three years and that shift rocked as far as cool calls went but the amount of paperwork was unreal. Now I am a day creature, the calls are pretty boring but the paperwork is alot less and the hours are sweet. Good luck brother and be safe.

Decado

Good luck brother and be safe.

Amen to that.

Thanks guys!!! I wish I could work day shift, but we have to rotate out once a year and work something besides days (4 month shift). Luckily I have a lot of senority so next year I should be able to work 8 monthes of days......*knocks on wood*

Winter's coming bro. All the bad guys will be indoors by 11 or 12 so you should have some quiet nights. Find a kwik-shop with a cute clerk and get those coffee club cards punched. At the risk of sounding all sentimental and crap, be careful, wear your vest and if it feels bad- it's bad.

Excitement is wayyyyyyy over-rated and boring is good. ::):

Excitement is wayyyyyyy over-rated and boring is good. ::):

Ain't that the most absolute of truths.

Boring = Coming home unscathed.

Excitement = Chance of not coming home :down:

Good luck and stay safe in the cruiser.

stay safe, alot of those guys can get desperate when it comes to obeying a offical of the law.

just remember Judge Dredd. "I am the LAW!!!!" he he

Randy M

Thanks for all of the kind words, you guys are awesome!!!! I totally agree a boring shift is a safe shift plus I'm getting too old to chase these 18 yr olds. Thats what the rookies are for, I just gotta convince myself not to chase because when I see one run going after them is automatic. Last foot pursuit I got into was last year and I caught the 18 yr old (who was already a felon). My major hurdle will be staying awake all night....... ::(:

Chocolate Covered Espresso beans

Seriously, it's like legal Speed.

If there is a Trader Joes near you, get them there. VERY affordable and VERY tasty!

:wub:

Oh yeah, and when you chase that Perp...

Make sure you declare first (STOP, POLICE!), then measure (Crap, he's too far away. Get him Rookie!):poke:

And don't forget to add in Charge and Bloodlust when you measure.

If you can't reach base to base fo rmelee, do your movement, then make a ranged attack. RAV 9 (mm) :devil: