Spartan6

The United Terran Federation

Since I can't have the 742nd I'll settle for the 69th.  Those are the hull numbers I served on.  ::D:

• Like 1

You could do a 742nd. Maybe the 742nd was created during the Rach Terran war and did well enough not to be disbanded. Make up a good reason why and most people wont complain about it.

• Like 2

The 6th could get a rotation off planet, with a rotation of another Legion back to Earth.

Not unless there's another RetCon. The 2nd - 9th Legions are PERMANENTLY assigned to Earth.  It was one of the laws their govt passed after the Vela Wars, along with the one about always having at least 100 full-strength Legions. (Looks like reference to it got cut from the CAV 2 book. Not sure if it's printed in the 1st Ed book or not - don't have one handy.)

• Like 2

I noticed the "Independents" on the list. I'm still going through the fluff material. Are these included in the fluff stuff? Or are these an example of someone coming up with a "good reason" and running with it? Or are both represented?

I'm liking the Independent Unit approach but like the idea of being "loosely" associated with the Terran Federation . . . 

Edit: I'm thinking Independent so I can use a broader range of models but will likely take the "Spoils of War" Doctrine so I can pick up a few specific pieces that are Factn Specific.

Edited by Maredudd
  • Like 1

I noticed the "Independents" on the list. I'm still going through the fluff material. Are these included in the fluff stuff? Or are these an example of someone coming up with a "good reason" and running with it? Or are both represented?

I'm liking the Independent Unit approach but like the idea of being "loosely" associated with the Terran Federation . . . 

Edit: I'm thinking Independent so I can use a broader range of models but will likely take the "Spoils of War" Doctrine so I can pick up a few specific pieces that are Factn Specific.

About 99% is from Reaper/Mil-Net sources.  A few I cannot verify, as I do not have all the material the has been produced. I will go through and indicate, in some way, what is from what I have.

About 99% is from Reaper/Mil-Net sources.  A few I cannot verify, as I do not have all the material the has been produced. I will go through and indicate, in some way, what is from what I have.

Cool. Thanks!

I've for War for Sale and Shards, plus the Mil-Net model sheets. Are there other Mil-Net sources out there? I note that Mil-Net still seems to be unavailable . . . 

That's most of it. There are a couple dozen articles that are currently inaccessible due to the server issues, but most of them were either optional and test rules, or background material such as the Adonese language and military structure. The only thing with relevance to units would probably be the Rigel's Regents fiction. Shards indicates that the Regents are currently under the employ of the Templars (though they remain mercenaries, unlike other companies such as the Red Spades which have been absorbed with the increase in hostilities) and are stationed in the Di Sar system, where they recently soundly defeated a Terran cohort.

I did a quick run-throught of Shards and War for Sale and noted lots of info on the Independents so I'll focus on those before I finish JoR 1&2.

Cool. Thanks!

I've for War for Sale and Shards, plus the Mil-Net model sheets. Are there other Mil-Net sources out there? I note that Mil-Net still seems to be unavailable . . . 

There are also; Beans and Bullets, Mil-Net Optional Rules, several Rage Chronicles documents.

Independent Units

7th Division: UTDF                                           KAMUT

32nd MEUSOC: UTFF Marines                        Mchandler

1 BCT, 1st Cavalry                                          Thogrid

D Co., F.H. Private Military Contractors          Forlorn Hope

4th Armored Division                                       Watchman

11th ACR                                                        Watchman

Maxwell's Renegade Legion                           merlonc

2nd. Bohemian Guard Regiment                    Saint of Sinners

HKI Merc Co.                                                  Saint of Sinners

Alpha Spear                                                   KAMUT

Tango Spear                                                  KAMUT

Romeo Spear                                                 KAMUT

None of the units listed above are official and none were ever mentioned in any Reaper or Mil-Net product. They're all fan-made units.  IIRC, several of them date back to CAV 1, when everyone ran merc units.

Edited by Chrome

Hey Chrome did you that bit in the books? I seem to remember reading it somewhere as well, but I can't seem to find it. I must be reading over it.

Regardless of what the fluff say, horned turtle of you want to paint up the 6th and play it on your table go ahead. I don't think anyone will really care. No matter what you decide, I would love to see pictures of any and all units you paint.

• Like 1