The United Terran Federation

Spartan6

So I was backtracking through the 25+ pages of posts here and I ran across a couple of posts talking about the Samurai... what the heck happened to that!? Is it still in the works, is there even a drawing for it yet?? :huh:

It was a 1.5 Beta test CAV. I think it may be published at some point in the near future as a kitbash/optional rule unit. I'm going to try and make one by putting the Ronin's arms on the Katana.

Hmmm. That might actually look pretty good.

I also think it should be drawn up and made into a model. The Terrans could use a Super-Heavy in a dedicated attack role. :B):

:B): How about a Thunderbird variant? A Thunderhawk... A T-bird with the Hawk6's DFMs...Can we say "Emperor killer"?

There's also a Ronin variant mentioned in the JOR's that has rotary cannons... :B):

Be looking for some non-OEM Terran models in a future Mil-Net update too.

Excellent. :B):

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, the Emperor really isn't that tough a nut to crack as it's DV is only 13, 12 if the Rach player is using Children of the Storm. You just need to be able to generate 9 hits before it can repair. Just gotta watch out for the GRCs. The faction Rhino on the other hand is more survivable (higher DV with a slower drop off through DT 4, Shielding/4, higher Rpr), has 4 direct fire attack (as opposed to the Emp's 3), and overall has higher RAV modifiers. That's the super-heavy to watch out for. As cool as the Emperor is, it shares the same weakness as all Koda Works designs: lower than average DVs with a fairly straight degradation slope.

You know, the Emperor really isn't that tough a nut to crack as it's DV is only 13, 12 if the Rach player is using Children of the Storm. You just need to be able to generate 9 hits before it can repair. Just gotta watch out for the GRCs. The faction Rhino on the other hand is more survivable (higher DV with a slower drop off through DT 4, Shielding/4, higher Rpr), has 4 direct fire attack (as opposed to the Emp's 3), and overall has higher RAV modifiers. That's the super-heavy to watch out for. As cool as the Emperor is, it shares the same weakness as all Koda Works designs: lower than average DVs with a fairly straight degradation slope.

Well yeah Sarge, bit it's RACH :lol:

Seriously though folks, we AREN'T at war with the Rach, just the Mickies..er..Malvernis. The Revenant is the big thing we need to shoot full of holes.

So I was backtracking through the 25+ pages of posts here and I ran across a couple of posts talking about the Samurai... what the heck happened to that!? Is it still in the works, is there even a drawing for it yet?? :huh:

It was a 1.5 Beta test CAV. I think it may be published at some point in the near future as a kitbash/optional rule unit. I'm going to try and make one by putting the Ronin's arms on the Katana.

Hmmm. That might actually look pretty good.

I also think it should be drawn up and made into a model. The Terrans could use a Super-Heavy in a dedicated attack role. :B):

:B): How about a Thunderbird variant? A Thunderhawk... A T-bird with the Hawk6's DFMs...Can we say "Emperor killer"?

There's also a Ronin variant mentioned in the JOR's that has rotary cannons... :B):

Be looking for some non-OEM Terran models in a future Mil-Net update too.

Excellent. :B):

I hope. *fingers crossed*

Well yeah Sarge, bit it's RACH :lol:

Seriously though folks, we AREN'T at war with the Rach, just the Mickies..er..Malvernis. The Revenant is the big thing we need to shoot full of holes.

No the Terran aren't at war... they're just out to create a buffer zone around UFF space. It just a strange occurance that Mohr just happens to be in the center of the planned Buffer zone.

Seriously though folks, the Terrans might not be at war with the Rach, but ahhh... you might want to tell that to the Rach.

When the Terrans are silent for this long, people might get the impression that they are up to doing something subtle (or sneaky, depending on point of view). So, to allay their fears, here is the commercial voice-over guy:

"In a galaxy full of habitable worlds, where different peoples exist, the UFF is there to help. By providing emergency relief services to all those worlds in desperate straits, we are here to ensure your continued well-being. The UFF; here to help you prepare for peace."

If it wasn't for the fact that I would probably lose them, I would be tempted to not glue them on; just slide them on before the game (lost a lot a micro-armor sherman turrets by not gluing them).

The Terrans aren't "up to anything" :ph34r:

At least that's what they'll tell you while they're getting ready to slide a dagger between your ribs.

A Terran envoy response:

"In the exteremely remote possibility that such a non-occurring fictitious event such as that which is decribed would not happen to take place, a small piece of sharpened ferrous material would definitely not be employed. Several are the reasons for the non-implementation of the hypothetically indicated course of action. Among the most obvious explanations is the lack of production facilities of sufficiently high technological capability to produce said instrument of lethal intent in a manner to properly reflect the proper Terran way of conducting said non-activity with even a minimal probability of succes of this non-event. The T-gel requirements, let alone the power and electronic components, would unlikely be able to be procurable at sufficient cost levels to indicate any statistical feasability of said hypothetical non-event occurring".

A Terran legionaire's response:

shnick, Vrrrrrrrr....bbrrraapp

(sounds of the safety being disengaged before pulling the trigger on a rotary canon)

The Terrans aren't "up to anything" :ph34r:

At least that's what they'll tell you while they're getting ready to slide a dagger between your ribs.

A Terran envoy response:

"In the exteremely remote possibility that such a non-occurring fictitious event such as that which is decribed would not happen to take place, a small piece of sharpened ferrous material would definitely not be employed. Several are the reasons for the non-implementation of the hypothetically indicated course of action. Among the most obvious explanations is the lack of production facilities of sufficiently high technological capability to produce said instrument of lethal intent in a manner to properly reflect the proper Terran way of conducting said non-activity with even a minimal probability of succes of this non-event. The T-gel requirements, let alone the power and electronic components, would unlikely be able to be procurable at sufficient cost levels to indicate any statistical feasability of said hypothetical non-event occurring".

A Terran legionaire's response:

shnick, Vrrrrrrrr....bbrrraapp

(sounds of the safety being disengaged before pulling the trigger on a rotary canon)

A Terran Military Commanders response:

Nuke-em all, let God sort them out.