The United Terran Federation

Spartan6

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the Terran stance was to sit back and do nothing, then jump in on the winning side right before the war ends.

Of course its just coincidence that after the Terrans joined in that the other side won. :lol:

that sounds familiar...

:devil:

It wouldn't have been the winning side had we not jumped in. :B):

Now I have a Terran Army

:mellow:

Pax Terrana ::D:

Terra: Conquering the galaxy through osmosis. :lol:

I was a bit bored earlier having taken care of a few things I had to around the house and decided to sit down and write up an idea I've had running in my head since I just started into this wonderful world of CAV. Since there's so much room for expanding and allowing fans to create parts of the overall story of CAV, I decided to write up a new Legion. Let me know what you guys think about this idea, I may be off on some aspects as I'm still learning the existing universe.

UNITED TERRAN MARINE CORPS - 22nd LEGION

Drawing on it’s lineage to the famed United States Marine Corps of old Earth, the UTMC continues to carry the fight to the enemy as one of the most stalwart Legions in the United Terran Federation Military Forces.

Following the Rach assault of Earth in 2181, the countries of the world formed a new government and new military structure. With the Terran military headquarters based near Dallas, Texas there was a strong call for some semblance to the old military order by those living in the United States. Needing a ‘shock force’ for planetary assaults to establish secure beach heads where follow-on forces could safely land, the decision was made to formally create a ‘Corps of Marines’ under the Department of the Terran Space Navy and this was done on the symbolic day of November 10, 2183 the birthdate of the original US Marine Corps. Steeped in established history of the US Marine Corps, the newly formed UTMC decided to keep many of the existing traditions in place. The emblem of the Marine Corps has stayed the same; the Eagle, Globe and Anchor represent the cornerstones of the new Federation. The Eagle represents security, the Globe for the home planet Terra under which the Federation was formed and that the Marine Corps protects and the Anchor for its naval traditions in both wet and space navies. The UTMC has proven itself a vital part of Terran security and military might on numerous occasions, being the tip of the spear on many operations fighting in any “clime or place”.

The new Legion structure of the United Terran Military Forces has brought about the formation of almost 300 legions, with two thirds of them being reserve training units. The UTMC comprises four of those legions. The active Fleet Marine Force (FMF) unit being the 22nd Legion, the “Double Deuce” as they are more familiarly known headquartered in Quantico, VA USA with two main camps and several other smaller support and air/space stations located throughout the United States.

The 222nd and 333rd Legions are the reserve training units and the fourth and final legion is the 8th Legion, which is one of the “Praetorian Guard” units of Earth. The 8th Legion serves the dual purpose of hosting recruit training for prospective new Marines as well as selecting the cream of the crop to serve as part of their famed honor guard which stands watch over the Terran Supreme Councilor. Known as the “Councilors Own”; the 8th Legion, I Company Detachment (known as ‘8th and I’) not only serves as an honor guard for ceremonies and parades but provide daily secure transportation and stands guard to protect the office of the Councilor on a daily basis. It is one of the highest honors to serve in this detachment where promotions come quick and visibility is high.

The recruit training portion of the 8th Legion is handled in the traditional locations of the former United States Marine Corps at San Diego, California and Parris Island, South Carolina USA. Recruit training is a rigorous 13 month ordeal that covers all facets of military life such as close order drill, rifle marksmanship, zero-g combat and planetary invasion exercises among others to ensure a newly trained Marine can operate in “any clime or place”. Once a recruit has earned the Eagle, Globe and Anchor they are assigned duty to a camp Earthside or may be shipped out to one of the many outposts in the Terran Federation. There are also contingents of Marines on every Terran Naval vessel forming MTF’s (Marine Task Forces), which are smaller parts of the overall MEU (Marine Expeditionary Unit) for that sector. Each MTF is equipped and supplied to carry out offensive strikes wherever called to project power by the Terran Government and protect its interests.

Here's a look at a couple of logo's I came up with for it:

http://s106.photobucket.com/albums/m241/Mo...=UTMCLegend.jpg

http://s106.photobucket.com/albums/m241/Mo...t=UTMCBadge.jpg

I have dibs :) But we can share. I like your logo's

here is a copy of my posts from mil-net

Terran 33rd Legion:

History: Formed from the survivors of the US Marine Corps, Royal Marines, Finnish Coastal Ranger Command, Spanish Marine Infantry, Royal Netherlands Marine Corp.

Mission: Maintain a force in readiness able to deploy rapidly by any and all means and conduct operations from Special Purpose LAGTF through LEU, LEB and LEF, across the spectrum from humanitarian assistance and disaster relief to planetary assault and High Intensity Combat.

Organization: The third legion is not organized along the same lines as other Legions. It is organized to be able to deploy rapid response combined arms units anywhere within the Terran Sphere. The legion is typically dispersed in LEF and LEB sized forces in bases from which they can quickly respond. The 33rd Legion is often the first Terran force responding to a threat to the Terran Hegemony and are often used to spearhead planetary assaults and hold beach heads until the heavier armed, but slower responding Legions can deploy.

Composition: The 33rd Legion is organized around infantry units, with Air, Artillery, Armor and CAV support.

LAGTF: Legion Air-Ground Task Force

LEU: Legion Expeditionary Unit

Infantry Century

Artillery Turma

Aerospace Turma

Armor or CAV Turma

LEB: Legion Expeditionary Brigade

Infantry Maniple

Artillery Century

Aerospace Century

Armor or CAV Century

LEF: Legion Expeditionary Force

Infantry Cohort

Artillery Maniple

Aerospace Maniple

Armor or CAV Maniple

I have dibs :) But we can share. I like your logo's

here is a copy of my posts from mil-net

Terran 33rd Legion:

History: Formed from the survivors of the US Marine Corps, Royal Marines, Finnish Coastal Ranger Command, Spanish Marine Infantry, Royal Netherlands Marine Corp.

Mission: Maintain a force in readiness able to deploy rapidly by any and all means and conduct operations from Special Purpose LAGTF through LEU, LEB and LEF, across the spectrum from humanitarian assistance and disaster relief to planetary assault and High Intensity Combat.

Organization: The third legion is not organized along the same lines as other Legions. It is organized to be able to deploy rapid response combined arms units anywhere within the Terran Sphere. The legion is typically dispersed in LEF and LEB sized forces in bases from which they can quickly respond. The 33rd Legion is often the first Terran force responding to a threat to the Terran Hegemony and are often used to spearhead planetary assaults and hold beach heads until the heavier armed, but slower responding Legions can deploy.

Composition: The 33rd Legion is organized around infantry units, with Air, Artillery, Armor and CAV support.

LAGTF: Legion Air-Ground Task Force

LEU: Legion Expeditionary Unit

Infantry Century

Artillery Turma

Aerospace Turma

Armor or CAV Turma

LEB: Legion Expeditionary Brigade

Infantry Maniple

Artillery Century

Aerospace Century

Armor or CAV Century

LEF: Legion Expeditionary Force

Infantry Cohort

Artillery Maniple

Aerospace Maniple

Armor or CAV Maniple

Sorry, didn't see that post over at Mil-Net. I caught your original one when I was doing a read through the older posts (past 6 months) and saw you were talking about making an 82 Airborne one. Was trying to see if there was a Marine Corps one, if not then I need to make one cuz Marines only fight as Marines. :)

I like your four legion background and fluff too. I say lets combine your 22 and my 33rd into one or have the 22 and 33 as both Marine type regular units with your concept of reserve and training units. But I think the training unit needs to > 10 as I think the first 10 are dedicated homneworld defense legions.

Terran Legion #1 is a "memorial" Legion.

Terran Legions #2-10 are permanently stationed on Terra/Sol.

Terran Legions #11-101 are the main, "frontline" legions.

Terran Legions #102+ are the reserve legions.

Also, there are the Fulminarius. These units are usually composed of the remnants of other Legions, specialized units, and/or recalled mercenary units, etc.

Terran Legions #2-10 are permanently stationed on Terra/Sol.

Terran Legions #11-101 are the main, "frontline" legions.

Close. The 2nd - 9th are part of the Praetoran Guard. The 10th is a frontline unit: Trajan's Columns, based out of Italy.

(edit-I need to bone up on my geography! :lol:)

hello

I am now thanks to Outek now looking at building some Terran forces for my CAV... there are alot of CAVs in the Terran barn I like such as the Regent, Starhawk 6, Thunderbird, Ronin and Katana...

I am spending today working on force structure lists...

I like the idea of the marine corps guys... mainly because i am a real life USMC veteran (weapons co 2nd btn 2nd marreg 2nd mardiv.

in the past i have played with the Rach and currently do ritterlich...

I definitely see some m/t and syram forces in my future though :blues:

outek has been a great help in helping me out