Sign in to follow this  
mkh

Reaper 2581: King Earindil of the High Elves

I spent alot of time on this fella, only to put him on a base that does not flatter him. Trouble is now I cannot get him off of it without damaging it. Oh well. Comments on the painting are welcome.

239200575438187rpr-elf.jpg

Looks great,I really like the blue. I can never get mine to come out like that. Have you thought about sawing the base in half below the mini and resculpting some in the middle to level it up?

John Lee

That freehand is impressive and I like your color choices.

I agree with John Lee - try sawing the base off below his feet and re-sculpting something new (and level) under him.

/ali

Besides the angle of the pose atop the base, I really like it. I saw this on CMON earlier today and wondered why you hadn't posted it here lol, then I came here and it was up.

The base is really well done, I like that style of sculpted bases and the color choices are just perfect. I always mean to get around to doing a couple of bases like this but always forget. I think the freehand is well done and tasteful, minimal yet effective and the NMM work is pretty darn smooth. Nice color for both the silver and the gold.

Or even take the base off the bottom (plastic) part and build it up underneath to level it.

truthfully, I have more of a problem with the hair than the base. Too yellow.

But otherwise, truly awesome paintjob. Raves for the free hand. And I really like your blues.

Is that the clear blues, or blue metallic on the chest?

Wow. Amazing freehand work on this guy. Excellent job on the NMM as well. Two niggling little things I noticed. The corner of the back of the cape looks like it has a slightly different shade of blue, at least on my monitor--kind of a aqua blue. The other is in the center of cape your pattern is off--one of the "connecting" lines is missing.

Or even take the base off the bottom (plastic) part and build it up underneath to level it.

Yes! that's what I was thinking as well!! chop the base from below and re-work it into something you are more fond of... wrap the figure in gauze and bubble wrap while you do your chopping? It's a great piece, so I understand the hesitation... but if you do change the base - repost!!!