warlord army selection

Death Jester

in warlord where it states that my commander can have 3-12 troops does it mean that i can choose 3-12 of one type of troop or that i can choose 3-12 from any of my troop chioces in one lot, ie can my templar warlord duke gerard have 3-12 templar warriors or 3-12 emplar ironspines or 3-12 templar unforgiven, or can he have 3-12 templar warriors/templar ironspines/templar unforgiven etc...

Death Jester :grr:

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He can take any combination of grunts and adepts. Don't forget that he counts toward the torrp limit himself (Gerard + 11 grunts/adepts = 12) Any elites taken in the troop also count toward the max of 12. In other words, a troop with Gerard can not have more than 12 models. You can mix up what kind of soldiers you fill that troop with. Don't forget that all adepts must stay in the same troop. (ex: if there are ivy crown archers in the troop, they cannot be fielded in any other troop because they are adept)

Hope this helps.

Sort of...

If you want to field a troop of all Ivy Crown Archers, you can. You just could not put Ivy Crown Archers in another troop since they are Adepts (unless you're playing in a 2000+ point game).

If you wanted a troop of Gerard, + 5 Ivy Crown Archers, +3 Templar Knights, +3 Unforgiven, this would be entirely legal.

A troop of Gerard, +11 Ivy Crown Archers would also be legal.

I hope the examples help.

Big thing to note in the two examples I gave - both troops consisted of a total of 12 models.

If you tried to add a 13th model, to either of those examples, they would no longer be legal.

If you wanted to make another troop with Ivy Crown archers (and you used either of my examples), you could not do this until you were in a 2000+ point game per the rules regarding Adept use in army construction. All Archers are Adept.