Sign in to follow this  
Sergeant_Crunch

"Take Me to Your..."

local place but it follows along the lines of the Mongolian Style BBQ places, (ie get a bowl, do you own veggies, meats, spices, sauces, & finally pile on all the noodles your medium priced bowl will give yah, ha ha

Randy M

It depends on what I'm in the mood for and how much I want to spend.

If I'm in Dallas with a wad of cash? Baby Doe's. So pricey there are no prices on the menu. Their crab stuffed flounder is to die for.

Pizza? Two places: Conan's or Mangia's. Both are local, pizza style is completely different, but it depends on which one I'm closer to.

BBQ? The County Line for beef ribs. Rudy's and Pok'e'Jo's are close in second. Again, depends on where I'm close to. Rudy's also has some awesome breakfast tacos.

But, generally, I prefer my own cooking. There are some things I know I'm good at (spaghetti and Tex-Mex) and I'm pretty confident that I can make anything. And when it comes to baked goods, no one does it as well as I can do in my own kitchen.

Although the Apple Torte at Johnny Carinos is awesome. :wub:

Since insomnia has struck I'll add to this...

Ary I agree, no one beats the food from your own kitchen. The best Pizza around is still my Father's. I cannot eat the original version anymore due to my yeast allergy but he makes a darned good crust substitute for me out of spinach and egg.

I still haven't met a lamb roast yet as good as mine.

I've eaten at restaraunts which were run by top notch chefs and left feeling either hungry or lacking something. I don't get that feeling eatting at home. No one leaves my Father's Kitchen hungry. There's always plenty to go around.

The best Swedish pot roast hands down is my Aunt Jo's. The woman can make a pot roast that is fit for royalty. Her beef barbecue is second to none.

I still make the best challah bread I've ever had, even if I cannot eat it anymore. When I bake that bread the family comes running.

Does Coldstone Creamery count? ::D:

Yes Coldstone counts. :poke:::D:

Mine is a local place called Sanfords... It use to be a Mexican place called San Pedros but they closed here in Cheyenne and now only have a store in Kearny NE. :down:

The local Indian restaurant "Indus" is amazing. Sadly we're poor so we can only afford to go 3 times a year or so. Incredibly tasty food.

Actually what I miss is this place back home in Fremont, OH by the name of "Woody's". It's used to be an A&W drive-in joint complete with girls on rollerskates and all that. Sometime in the 80's A&W stopped running it and the manager kept the place going as Woody's. The food is typical for your roadside burger joint, but it's worth it to me for childhood nostalgia. Not only that but I love getting a chili-kraut footlong with extra onion and a giant root beer float in a frosty mug with a side of steak fries or onion rings. They had to ditch the rollerskates though when a girl in my class who worked there broke her arm.