Sign in to follow this  
pewtermonkey

My first show off post - Skarre, Pirate Queen

Beutiful, man. Love the color selection and the execution is flawless. The stamp/signature could be smaller, though. :;):

Oh... forgive me. I used the same pictures as the one I use on the Ebay auction that's currently running right now. :blush:

Thanks for the compliments y'all, reading all the tips here really help me.

--PM

I love that paintjob, amazing work, my only real suggestions are add a little more depth to the horns and bring up the highlights on the back of her cloak just a tad more. Lookin good

She looks really great - Especially the face! I don't know if there's much you can do to improve the horns - I think they look silly on the model in the bare pewter form. :)

I think it's odd that the front of her is so crisp and clean, but the back of the cape looks pretty weathered ('course, part of it that is the rips and tears), so it doesn't really mesh very well for me.

I also agree your logo ought to be smaller - It shouldn't touch the model. :)

The painting style and hair colour reminds me of Qiao-Zhong's work, one of my favorite painters.

Could have sworn I've seen Qiao paint this one before, but I rechecked his galleries and didn't find it. Qiao is so awesome. Accidentally running into his stuff on the web a couple of years ago is what got me into painting minis in the first place. He's one of my favorites as well. Totally OTT painter.

This mini is cool too! Hate the mini (due to the horns, would have been a classic without them, but it's so infamous for those honking blobs ruining a perfectly fine sculpt) Love the paintjob! :wub:

She's awesome! I really like her hair color and the face is very well done. The base is nice and subtle so it doesn't take away from the miniature and it's substantial enough to balance it well ::D: Vibrant color selection with lots of depth too! My only complaint is more for the sculpt than the paint job-what the heck was the sculptor thinking when he put those croissants on her head!?! :blink: