How to make snow?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another technique that I've seen used with decent results is good ol' Elmer's Glue.  It will dry clear, but that's nothing a lil' light-blue/white paint can't cure.  If you do it right, you should have a nice, natural-looking dollop o' glue to paint that should look quite a bit like snow.

some one mentioned the scenic woodlands stuff. i use that and want to wanr you. dont breathe in the snow powder. i used it for some dwarves without a dust mask and a few days later i got a hacking cough for no reason. WS is a great company and i wont stop using their flock but its just a word to the wise... maybe im alergic to it or somthin. ???

Here is my two cents on snow:

There is an item that is seasonal where I work and you might be able to find it at craft stores.  The stuff is made by decoArt and it is all different carieties of "fake snow" some is sparkly and some of it isn't.  It is usually a paste of some variety composed primarily of acrylic binders and paint can be mixed with it also if desired.  At least in the Michaels where I work it is over with all the plaster and wood Christmas ornaments.