Sign in to follow this  
Vaitalla

New MSP's for December

New new new...coming Christmas-time to a store near you!

Khaki Browns Triad

9127. Uniform Brown (equivalent to VMC English Uniform)

9128. Green Ochre (equiv. to VMC Green Ochre)

9129. Faded Khaki

Clear Brights III Triad

9130. Clear Orange

9131. Clear Viridian

9132. Clear Plum

Bloodthirsty Reds Triad

9133. Bloodstain Red (VMC Black Red/Cadmium Marooon equiv.)

9134. Clotted Red

9135. Carnage Red

Classic Browns Triad

9136. Walnut Brown (PP Walnut equiv.)

9137. Blackened Brown (GW Scorched Brown equiv)

9138. Intense Brown (GW Beastial Brown equiv)

Blush Colors Triad (yes, pinks, darnit, but pinks meant to be used for blush and lips)

9139. Antique Rose

9140. Blushing Rose

9141. Porcelain Rose

Ivory Bone Triad

9142. Stained Ivory

9143. Yellowed Bone (GW Bleached Bone equiv)

9144. Creamy Ivory (warm Cream/Ivory color)

--Anne ::):

Now when you say Christmas time. Are we talking, able to have them under the tree for Xmas morning...or buy it with the Reaper Gift Certificate Sophie Claus leaves me in my stocking?

::D:

I'm looking forward to the Blush and Ivory triads. I hate trying to mix pinks to put on people for rosy cheeks or makeup and not making them look like either a lady of ill repute, or a circus clown, because they are TOO pink.

Okay, enough about the new paints...Need to find a new paint rack, mine will only support 144 bottles max.

Is there an ETA for your painting book? I know you've mentioned October/November, and this summer mentioned November is more realistic. Anything more specific you can tell us (other than the ephemeral Soon)? ^_^

some really interesting triads

pink is one color I usually leave till last to buy, but the idea for it being a useful color is great news Also bloodthristy red sounds promising, he he

Randy M

Is there an ETA for your painting book? I know you've mentioned October/November, and this summer mentioned November is more realistic. Anything more specific you can tell us (other than the ephemeral Soon)? ^_^

Only a month or two ago I mentioned in response to Ary that the book had been pushed 'till at least February. Unfortunately my heavy workload here means that I really have no time to work on it. Believe me, it is my dearest wish to finish it, but printing takes four months so if it's not done by the end of October that means it starts to slide into March for release...you see? ::): So be assured I'm doing what I can, but I really have no idea when it will be feasible to give you a concrete date. I am only one woman, and I have a lot on my plate, and so does Reaper! ::D:

--Anne, hoping to be able to give you a better answer than Soon...

Ah bummer, I must have missed that post about the delay until February. I'm sorry for bugging you about it Anne, I didn't know. Not a big deal. I know how crazy busy you've been. Besides, I'd rather the book written right, than rushed through. It just means I buy it for St. Patricks Day instead ::D:

Sounds good. I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. Nice to have all my fave colors in the MSP format, makes life so much easier. I bet the newIvories and bones are fantastic due to the smooth feel of the MSP paints, probably paints on really smooth and convincing like. :)

Also the new reds sound like a great idea, really like the names too, pretty cool.

Seriously though, I have to look up "Viridian" to see what color that is lol. A lifetime of art and painting yet I have no idea. I know what puece is, chartruese, teal, fuschia, lavender, alabaster etc...but Viridian is a new one on me lol...off to google I go.

Ahh....I see, a deep emerald green. Nice. Will have to pick that one up, (along with all the rest) very useful shade or deepening glaze for enriching greens.

I look forward to all of these. Especially if the Bloodstain Red is nice and smooth, and covers well, I will be very happy. Khakis, Classic Browns, and Ivory Bones will be some very commonly used colors. I'm hoping the blush colors will be orangy pinks, so I can get a Dwarf Flesh equivalent to highlight my reds and reddish browns.

I look forward to all of these. Especially if the Bloodstain Red is nice and smooth, and covers well, I will be very happy. Khakis, Classic Browns, and Ivory Bones will be some very commonly used colors. I'm hoping the blush colors will be orangy pinks, so I can get a Dwarf Flesh equivalent to highlight my reds and reddish browns.

If I don't do orangey-pinks in these, Mengu, I'm considering a Coral/Tropical colors triad for those. ::): I personally would be lost without coral for Sophie's lipstick and nail polish; it just looks better than any other color on redheads! But originally the blush colors were planned to be browned-out pinks; I'll be able to give you a better idea once I start mixing, but I intend to start working them off of our existing skintones.

--Anne

Awsome new bunch of colors! the classic browns will be nice. The greens mirrors one of my armies, so that is good news.

Can't wait for the book!

So now you know how a crack dealer feels. The more you give us the more we demand! More colors! More tips! More, more, more!!! ::D: Keep up the great work. Continue to love all your stuff.

Oh! A coral triad would be great.

I had a bottle of "sample" for the propaints that was very coraly and I used it alot for a while.. liked it alot. :)

/ali

So there's going to be a Blood triad and a Bloodstain Red triad?? Talk about confusing...

Confusing, but necessary. ::): I spend all summer at the Cons soliciting color suggestions in addition to the ones on here, and the most-asked-for colors were "Gore! Blood! More violent Reds!" Thus, Bloodthirsty Reds. I suppose I could've called 'em "Carnage Colors" now that I think of it...curses! Too late. :)

--Anne

Blush Colors Triad (yes, pinks, darnit, but pinks meant to be used for blush and lips)

9139. Antique Rose

9140. Blushing Rose

9141. Porcelain Rose

--Anne ::):

How close are any of these going to be to VMC Brown Rose?

Isn't Rose Shadow a close match to VMC brown rose?

/ali

Yep, it is, though theirs is a little browner. I have all the VMC rose variants and with this particular triad it's hard to tell what I'll come up with; probably something weird!! :lol: However, I'm essentially going to start with adding dark reds to our key skintones (which is what I do when looking for lip and blush colors) and seeing what I come up with, then refining it into a triad. ::):

--Anne