Sign in to follow this  
Vaitalla

New MSP's for December

Do you generally mix the red with the shade, mid-tone, or highlight to achieve your lip colors? Never woulda thought of that one on my own.. :)

/ali

Seriously though, I have to look up "Viridian" to see what color that is lol. A lifetime of art and painting yet I have no idea. I know what puece is, chartruese, teal, fuschia, lavender, alabaster etc...but Viridian is a new one on me lol...off to google I go.

Ahh....I see, a deep emerald green. Nice. Will have to pick that one up, (along with all the rest) very useful shade or deepening glaze for enriching greens.

Remember that green dragon Reaper had a while back (Viridisus!!!) tee hee

Do you generally mix the red with the shade, mid-tone, or highlight to achieve your lip colors? Never woulda thought of that one on my own.. :)

/ali

Yes. That is, whichever looks more natural... I used to have a problem with unnatural lip colors (now, if I do it...it's on purpose)... but once I started working with the original color + the appropriate red / rust / shading color... lips look better... ::D:

/ali

That's what I've been using the brown rose for. A VERY minute amount added to the base skintone. Will test out the Rose Shadow in the near future and let you know.

*poof* Arise old thread!

So December is fast approaching. I have the colors I want listed on my 'Whiteboard of Want'. Any hints on how quickly these will hit the retail shelves?

I'm still in formulation stage due to very tight scheduling. I wouldn't expect them 'till the week of Christmas or the week after--very late in the month, in otherwords.

--Anne

That's perfect timing for paint-as-presents - I won't have to wait ALL MONTH wishing I had the paints but not getting them because I *might* get them for Christmas. :)

And my birthday is conveniently placed in January so that if they come out after Christmas, I might still get them for my Birthday.. :)

/ali

Thanks Anne. Now I know to place my figure order now and do the paints when they come out later in the month. As much as I like to combine shipping...

And how does one get on the "Try the formulation" list? I'd gladly sacrifice myself and test those new colors before they hit the market. *wink wink*

Anne

any timeframe for when these get released next month??

jus curious, love gettin the new paints so when they come out, I be ordering, ha ha

RM

Will these triads have a number or will I be specifing each of the three when ordering?

All, update: I'm finalizing the formulas Friday and Saturday and we're supposed to get their new labels in next week, so these may actually go out before Christmas after all!

Dargrin, the new paints are typically not released in their triad format right away; I don't remember the scheduling offhand but I think triad packaging is a couple of months after singles release. So if you wanted every one of the new ones you'd be ordering 'em in singles, unless someone can put the entire new paint release with its own button in the store...not sure if they've been doing that or not. ::):

--Anne

Do we have a nice pure Cyan yet? It's needed for CMYK, and it's a killer way to tweak colors using CMYK.

Not sure if we'll be able to do one. The only blue pigment we have access to here is the Pthalocyanine, which won't give you a 100% Cyan color (as represented in my CMYK color process manual) unless you mix it with a wee bit of yellow and bunches of white, which it seems would severely limit its usage in any sort of color mixing.

--Anne