A little concept work

Elouchard

Hi all,

I though I would show off a concept drawing this time. The base is actually in another drawing but what the heck. The chasmosaur is about 140 mm long and roughly the same size as the ceratosaur mounted peice. With the base it will be very tall though. I was planning on making this a 24x36 oil painting but my time is so crunched I don't know if I can. The sketch is on a 24x36 pad, so I can trasfer it to canvas pretty easily with transfer paper. Let me know if it looks good or crap. I have already re-drawn a bunch so more changes are no problem.

kalath.jpg

cheers,

Eric

www.dragonbloodminis.com

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just like your minis, this guy is a piece of work...I think it looks great, mayhap you should contact someone about putting this guy into production too lol. If you could find the time I would love to see this guy in full color. Great work.

Warden

BTW, is that a dragon head on the chasmosaur's front right shoulder plate?

That's cool. My inital impression is the back fore leg could use a touch more shading. Yeah I know it's a concept sketch. ::)::poke: Proportions look good, though this half-dragon seems like he'll be bigger than the other if their mounts are to be roughly the same size. Just my 2cp. ::):

The rider is bigger, by a fair amount, but he is supposed to be a heavy cav sort of guy. The shading is rough I know, but when I transfer to canvas I will only transfer lines anyhow. :)

Is there any plan to have the fabu half-dragons as separate figures? I've been looking and looking for decent half-dragons and yours are just the best I've found. But they're all riders!

And on the subject of your figures - more more more!

Is there any plan to have the fabu half-dragons as separate figures? I've been looking and looking for decent half-dragons and yours are just the best I've found. But they're all riders!

And on the subject of your figures - more more more!

The hunter rider is being converted into a standing figure and this one is standing also.

http://www.dragonbloodminis.com/images/Dra...aconid_lord.jpg

The new rider should also become a standing version.

Holy cow. Someone who can draw ceratopsian feet right. I can never get them to come out good. Same with the beak.

Anatomy-wise, you seem to have used the eyebrow horns of it's cousin Triceratops. Chasmosaurus had smaller horns that just curved upwards. But that's cool. Looks more threatening now.

Holy cow. Someone who can draw ceratopsian feet right. I can never get them to come out good. Same with the beak.

Anatomy-wise, you seem to have used the eyebrow horns of it's cousin Triceratops. Chasmosaurus had smaller horns that just curved upwards. But that's cool. Looks more threatening now.

Thanks! You got the tri mod. The frill of the chasmosaur looked cooler to me, but the horn length is pure triceratops. The size at 30mm scale is in between the two, but closer to a tri. It comes in at about 28 feet long in scale.

Eric

Great work! The mount looks a bit wild eyed, I think a more sinister look would be more fitting and characterful, if not anatomically accurate. And I would love to see the design on the mount's shoulderpad enhanced a bit if you transfer it onto canvas. Excellent job with the saddle and the barding.