Where do they go?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are some plexiglass cabinets in one of the painting rooms displaying a TON of them. It was pretty awe inspiring to see so many well painted figures in one place. I don't know if that is where they always are, of it they were moved in there for RCon. Since the cabinets were wall mounted, I expect they are always there though.

What I loved was the shelves upon shelves of the white painted figures upstairs on the 2nd floor. Sooooo much Reaper miniature goodness. All those figures from the Online Gallery. :wub:

Out of curiosity, what do yall do with all the minis that are painted up for the Warlord cards, the online gallery, and books? Do they go into a showcase at Reaperland or something?

Sometimes they also go on tour with Reaper... but last I checked, they'll be at the RAC next weekend!!!

yah that was one impressive display of miniatures, the big minis was really impressive, still want that SPIDER!!!!

Also does Anne or whoever painted it, go back & finish what they started?? (example black dragon box cover was only front sided painted)

Randy M

• Reaper User
Also does Anne or whoever painted it, go back & finish what they started?? (example black dragon box cover was only front sided painted)

I think that depends on how much time the painter can squeeze in. I've seen Anne go back and finish up a mini months after it was originally done for photos... Which is good, because you don't always want to photograph a mini from the same angle over and over.

• Reaper User
yah that was one impressive display of miniatures, the big minis was really impressive, still want that SPIDER!!!!

Randy M

In the olden days, often yes, I could go back and finish up a few unfinished pieces. These days? I'm lucky if I can actually paint both sides to good level on half the new releases! ::): To give you an idea, since I started, my painting queue has increased by at least six item numbers monthly (from around 12-14 to consistantly 20), many of them Warlord multi-packs with more than one model. I also started designing Master Series Paints, which job takes between ten and forty hours per month depending on how close together the releases are. And our production of big box sets (dragons) has stepped up--I used to have one every eight to ten months, and now I have one every three to four months or even more often than that! All these things together mean that I don't have the time to paint everything new to the level I'd like (in an ideal world!), much less go back and finish stuff. There's always another deadline coming up that's more important than me going back to finish the black dragon (especially since that wasn't a quickie paint job; it would take at least fifteen, maybe twenty hours to finish). Alas, such is the painting grind when you work professionally in the miniatures industry!!

--Anne :):