Halbarad, Good Priest

John Lee

Well here is another attempt to paint. Please let me know what you think. I used sunlight for my lighting ( took the pictures outside) and it gobbled up the red highlights. I went for subtle highlights on the cape. I haven't been brave enough to try NMM so I stuck to metallic paint, somday.....

Here he is:

post-685-1128914576.jpg

post-685-1128914616.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Daaaaang JL, that guy looks awsome, very very very smooth. I can't get over how smooth it is. That is flippin amazing, what paints did you use on him. and no worries, JL, I have come to the conclusion that metallic paints will do everything I want and need them to do lol. Keep 'em coming, I think you just inspired me to finally pickup my paintbrush again. Oh, and btw, love your color choices, that hue of red and blue really work together.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I used a combination of Reaper, GW, Delta, and Apple Barrel Paints. I hope one day to replace all of my paints with MSP paints, but for now what I have will have to do. I found the wooden base at Michaels (a craft store chain, don't know if they exist everywhere). They were in the doll house section where they sell all of the wooden stuff like vases, bottles, etc. These were sold as plates, two to a pack for 99 cents. I flipped them over stained and sealed them. Then filled the bottom recess with epoxy for heft. I could pick some up for anyone who wants them, maybe even be pursuaded to finish them.

John Lee

If Micheals exists in Boise Idaho, then they exist everywhere, ha ha (board member Enchantra, works at one)

anyways, nice colors, the red shows off a bit of regality to him, but the other colors balance out that really well

Really nice work, great job

Randy M