Arbitrary questions Game

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All you need is Love. That goes for Navin, too.

Good try Bryan, but what Navin (R. Johnson) played by Steve Martin in The Jerk needs is this:

"Well I'm gonna to go then. And I don't need any of this. I don't need this stuff, and I don't need you. I don't need anything except this.

[picks up an ashtray]

And that's it and that's the only thing I need, is this. I don't need this or this. Just this ashtray. And this paddle game, the ashtray and the paddle game and that's all I need. And this remote control. The ashtray, the paddle game, and the remote control, and that's all I need. And these matches. The ashtray, and these matches, and the remote control and the paddle ball. And this lamp. The ashtray, this paddle game and the remote control and the lamp and that's all I need. And that's all I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one - I need this. The paddle game, and the chair, and the remote control, and the matches, for sure. And this. And that's all I need. The ashtray, the remote control, the paddle game, this magazine and the chair."

What is written on the back of the sign?

Since no one replied to your question, the back of the sign says "Made in China"

How many pounds of force does it take to pop off a kneecap, and what sides do you usually get with that?

I don't know, but it would be a lot. A 200 pound person can put in excess of 1700 pounds of pressure on their knee caps simply by running. I think that the cole slaw and steak fries would be the proper sides to include with a popped kneecap however baked beans could be substituted for either one.

What is the capital of Asaria?

Maeglin S; see maeg, Q maika sharp, piercing [appx], from MIK pierce, Q maika sharp, S maeg(h)

(*megr) [a stem not in Etym]; related stems are MAK- sword, Nol magl, magol [Etym] and AYAK-

sharp, Nol oeg piercing [Etym], S aeg; see also glîn gleam - particularly applied to the eyes [appx],

from a S stem GLIM glint, glînn glance [not in Etym; could conflict with the stem GLIN- sing (Etym)];

a related stem is TIN- sparkle [as the eye; Etym]; 'Sharp Glance'; an Elven lord; see his Q name

Lómion [above]

from http://www.quicksilver899.com/Tolkien/SILM/SILM_KN.html

What time zone is newfoundland in?

Newfoundland - GMT-0330

Many people wonder why the Province of Newfoundland has a time zone that varies by the half hour rather than the standard one hour. While the system of Standard Time employs 24 meridians, and each are theoretically the centres of 24 Standard Time zones, some adjustments have been made to the time zones for the convenience of inhabitants that lie within the zones. Newfoundland, (but not Labrador), lies squarely in the eastern half of its time zone, exactly three and a half hours from Greenwich. The Newfoundland government attempted to bring the province into conformity with the other Atlantic provinces in 1963, but withdrew in the face of stiff public opposition. Other countries that operate on the half hour time difference are: Suriname, Iran, India, Sri Lanka, and Central Australia.

How many Roads must a Man Walk Down (yes, I know this one is tooooo easy!)?