What is Triceratops?

Reaper

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to admit, I hope that the Reptus do not get a dinosaur for a solo. I do like the idea of some sort of lizardy monster like an extreme basilisk or Rahamasa type (using my super long term memory way back to the original monster manual the only one i ever owned).

A dragony type like Talin's recent DHL art 3000 peek would totally rock.

But, a straight up dinosaur just is kinda cheesy in my opinion.

For our version of cavalry dogs (counter crusader puppies) I like the idea of something of a cross between the chinese guardian lion dogs (ornate sculpture dogs you see all the time) and those Gargoyle dogs from the original Ghostbusters...

I think straight-up fu dogs would be better than a cross between them and the demon dogs. Maybe give them a slightly reptilian look, such as a tail and a slightly elongated snout, or a frill at the back of their head like chameleon's. But make them straight-up constructs. Call them "Temple Guardians" or somesuch.

It is a newly released boxed set, like the Tyranosour a few months back. Has nothing to do with Warlord. ^_^

Out of curiosity, what made you think it might have something to do with Warlord?

I know it wouldn't be official, but I just think it would be way cool to put a howdah on something like the Triceratops and then mount a leader or a couple archers in it. To make the stats something unique, I would have about five or six tracks, with the MAV increasing on tracks 2-4. The excuse for that would be that the monster really wasn't aggressive until you start hurting it, then it gets mad!

Castlebuilder

I know it wouldn't be official, but I just think it would be way cool to put a howdah on something like the Triceratops and then mount a leader or a couple archers in it. To make the stats something unique, I would have about five or six tracks, with the MAV increasing on tracks 2-4. The excuse for that would be that the monster really wasn't aggressive until you start hurting it, then it gets mad!

You mean like this?

dinogang01.jpg

But with Reptus instead of cowboys?

Yeah. That would be cool.

It's all conversion work. It's a HLBSC triceratops with a cardboard howdah. The cowboys are Deadlands and West Wind's Cowboy Wars. The raptors and nano t-rex are Copplestone with Cowboy Wars riders and greenstuff bridles and reins.

I'm considering doing a all Reaper Reptus version.

If you want to see more pictures, go to the image properties and paste the image address into your address bar. Then change the end of the url to "dinogang02.jpg". It goes up to "dinogang09.jpg".

• Reaper User
Entirely off topic, but when I first tried to sign up to this forum, "Reaper" was the name I initially chose, but the script turned me down. :(

I wanted that name!

I believe it's intended to prevent someone from logging onto the board and posting "official" (mis)information. Yes, things like that are childish, but not everyone in the industry (or on the internet) is as fine and upstanding as your average Reaper peeps and pals...

Entirely off topic, but when I first tried to sign up to this forum, "Reaper" was the name I initially chose, but the script turned me down. :(

I wanted that name!

I believe it's intended to prevent someone from logging onto the board and posting "official" (mis)information. Yes, things like that are childish, but not everyone in the industry (or on the internet) is as fine and upstanding as your average Reaper peeps and pals...

Then how did the Original Poster of this topic get that name? Notice his name? :devil: