Sign in to follow this  
ReaperShaun

The Greater Empire of the Rach

Will that be done in time for RCon and the tournament?

That's an interesting change, completely gives the SA a whole new functionality, especially given that Rach GCs overall have higher mods to begin with.

actually....

We intended to change it in the final beta, and for one reason or another it didn't get included.

Instead of +2 at PB instead of +1, you're Direct Fire weapons get the Blaster SA

Anywho, this should be fixed with our first update of the PDF (which everyone who bought one will get the update for free).

Is that Blaster at all ranges, or only at Point Blank?

And for newer folks (like me) that don't have their book immediately accessible and don't know it off the top of their head (page 104, right column, bottom of page):

Blaster - Critical Hit on a 9 or 10, instead of just 10.

Will the updates come as a comlpetely re-written book, or as a couple page insert of errata we can stick in the back of our binder?

I really don't want to reprint this.

actually....

We intended to change it in the final beta, and for one reason or another it didn't get included.

Instead of +2 at PB instead of +1, you're Direct Fire weapons get the Blaster SA

Anywho, this should be fixed with our first update of the PDF (which everyone who bought one will get the update for free).

Is that Blaster at all ranges, or only at Point Blank?

And for newer folks (like me) that don't have their book immediately accessible and don't know it off the top of their head (page 104, right column, bottom of page):

Will the updates come as a comlpetely re-written book, or as a couple page insert of errata we can stick in the back of our binder?

I really don't want to reprint this.

Any idea when this might be ? :unsure:

Close.

Blaster = a Chance at a critical hit on a roll of 9 or 10. A roll to get the crit still would have to be made like normal.

By close, you must mean on dead on target. ^_^ It's still a Critical Hit. The second roll is to determine if there is additional damage and how much.

From CAV 2, page 104-105.

If the attack hits, and the Attack Roll is a natural 9 or 10, the attack is automatically considered a Critical Hit. Roll for Critical Hit Damage.

I was looking at some datacards this morning with CotS in mind. I've come to the conclusion that it makes models like the Barracuda and Kraken, which have but one attack, a bit more useful by giving them a chance for multiple points of damage. Makes the Jackal downright frightening at PBR, it's going to hit you at PBR and if you get a 9 or 10, it may outright kill it's target. I'm currently using Banshees as proxies for the Jackal, but can't for it for it to be released so I can buy a recon section's worth of them.

I'm currently using Banshees as proxies for the Jackal, but can't for it for it to be released so I can buy a recon section's worth of them.

No kidding. I'll most likely be ordering 4 to 8 of them the day they are released. I'm using small scale badgers for my Jackals for now. For my Kraken I'm using the true scale hedgehogs, although once I get my Czars painted I'll probably use those.

Castlebuilder

I know I as well cannot wait until the models of the Jackal and Kracken are out and all the vehicles in the glorious empire of the Rach are available to create fear in the hearts of the enemies of the the empire..... :devil:

I know I as well cannot wait until the models of the Jackal and Kracken are out and all the vehicles in the glorious empire of the Rach are available to create fear in the hearts of the enemies of the the empire..... :devil:

Wait. You guys have an "Empire"? Who let the Rach have an Empire?

(It must be one of those Holy Roman type Empires) :rolleyes:

I had a very crazy fight this afternoon. It was Rach vs. Rach. I had 4 Jackals and the other player had 2 of them. Mine attacked his armored section of 5 tightly bunched CAV's, and his 2 jackals came over to support them. On defensive shots we both used the flamers. This allowed him to hit two of my Jackals at a time, and my defensive shots hit his jackals and a couple CAV's to boot. My jackals got shot to pieces, but Mike learned that bunching up CAV's when I have 4 jackals close by is a very bad idea :devil:

Castlebuilder

Ooh, I just realized something. Now I previously knew that the flamer would alway receive the PBR bonus to range and what was originally another +1 from CotS doctrine. However, now that CotS is changing to Blaster, it makes those flamers seem even more nasty. You're looking at a +7 to +11 hit (depending on range band) that crits on a 9 or 10. Somebody needs to hurry and make some molds....

castlebuilder.....

oh you are right about lessons learned :wacko:

oh what a training excercise oh masterful teacher :blues:

so much to learn and master :mellow::upside:

Woah, I thought I had gotten used to the hugeosity of the N-scale models, but I was still shocked by the Badger:

grr.jpg

And that's without the pods or base!

Seriously, this thing is coming to eat your babies!

Also, I ordered a hand-sculpted dictator, and apparently I already had one. Now I have to order the first CAD rendered one :lol: