owlbear

dargrin

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IIRC Ral partha did have 2 versions of the owl bear one standing and one on all 4s

I have both versions but the one standing looks like Hoodsie the Owl. It was often the joke figure when I used to play Rune Quest.

Yup, Ral Partha 1989 w/a TSR license. It's about the size of a Reaper wolf... so I'll be using mine as a young owlbear.... good stuff!!!

Yup, Partha via a TSR license. Good stuff. I'll be using mine as a young owlbear since it's so much smaller than the Reaper one...

Great job!

i can remember the first time i met an owlbear in d&d, it smacked the crap out of the only party member stupid enough to go near it, unfortunately for that party member they were a sorcerer and they died on the second hit.

Module B1 or B2 IIRC

That would probably be the great B2: Keep on the Borderlands by none other than Mr. Gygax himself. I say "probably" because B1: In Search of the Unknown is an "unstocked" module where the DM places the monsters. So there could have been an owlbear in it, but there is an owlbear encounter written into B2. :poke:

(I used my Chainmail owlbear mini for a Savage Worlds run through "da Keep" recently. It ripped through half the hirelings, killed the mules, and scared the bejeezus out of the PCs. Good times.. ::D: )

What can I say? This owlbear is a "hoot." ::D:

I like how it combines the features of bear and owl. Note that even the jaw is the upper beak of the owl, but also has the bear's teeth in the lower jaw.

And it's a nice paint job as well. :poke: