NaNoWriMo

warlordgarou

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't participated, but I have heard quite a bit about it. The Internet Book Database of Fiction has an area dedicated to it. You have to sign up and choose to see the forum to look at it, but there's some good stuff there. Just follow the link in my signature block if you're interested.

Stefan

This is my second year in NaNoWriMo. I highly reccomend it!

My novel is going to be about a city of the dead ... Necropolis ... which is mostly what it means, a city where the dead are laid to rest. I'll throw in some skeletons who maintain the streets (basically you rent your space in the city, and when the term is up your remains may be used for the maintenance crew) and a name changed variation of the "Ghostwalk" ghosts. (I'm calling them shades instead.) And I might throw in a lich and a mummy as well. I think a romantic plotline between a female ranger and a male bard is in order as well.

Of course this has its down side. I just ordered a number of minis recently, and I have several that are on my imediate paint queue. Tomorrow would have been a good day to prime them, but since I won't be painting in November (just writing) that puts a damper on that activity alltogether.

That puts a damper on that activity. ::P:

After reading one post about padding word count with the colors of various dragons (and, it is an impressive padding, too long to repeat here, but worth reading), I was sore tempted to scrap my current idea and write several hundred words on each of the dragons listed. I figured it would be halfway to 50k before I even talked about setting or plot.

I thought I cast a true resurrection on this thread (just as I had a character cast a true resurrection in the novel) to announce that I have completed by over 50 thousand word novel - Necropolis - the city of the dead. :blues:

This is a good thing, because my unpainted minis are getting jealous, being left in the basement for a whole month. New minis were descretly told, "get to the back of the line." :down:

Of course my novel characters are all looking for the perfect mini to represent them. :blink: