Sad News - Keith Parkinson has died.

Vaitalla

• Reaper User

Heya all,

I just wanted to let y'all know, for those who are fans of classic D&D and fantasy artwork, that painter Keith Parkinson passed away yesterday. Reaper produced a mini-diorama based on Keith's painting _Druid Stone_ a while back, and he will be sorely missed by fantasy art fans everywhere. A brief memoriam is posted on the front page of the Dark Sword Miniatures website (their Parkinson Masterworks line is based directly on his art), at www.darkswordminiatures.com .

--Anne

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think his style was the most "classic" and least stylized of those old-school TSR painters. When I was a kid, Elmore and Easley were my favorites, but as I've matured, I've realized that Parkinson art is the most beautiful. He, along with those other TSR guys, really defined modern fantasy art. I'll be looking at my novel covers too. Makes me wish I'd kept all those old TSR calenders I had 15 years ago.

wow that one kinda hit hard, love Keith's work, somethng about his style really set himself apart from the other fantasy contemporaries that I fell in love with back in the 80s D&D time (Elmore, Easley, etc etc)

one of my fav painting of his is the Diablo 2 painting with all the classes goin at it with big D himself, awesome image

Godspeed Keith!!!! here to hopin that your painting will live on in anther life as well

Randy M

The paintings and drawings of Keith Parkinson and the other TSR steadfasts in the 1980s were my introduction to fantasy art, too: Dragon magazine, Dragonlance, Forgotten Realms, novel covers, and more.

In case anyone here is interested, http://www.leukemia-lymphoma.org/hm_lls is the address for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Maybe a donation in Keith's memory will help other people fight off their own diseases, either now or in the future.

Derek

I can't say that I've seen alot of Keith's work, but I do remember some of it. He will indeed be missed by those who knew and appreciated his work.

Anne, is there a link to view the diorama from reaper. I don't believe that I have ever seen it and it would be nice to view Reapers tribute to this artist.