Daylight Savings time

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget to "Fall Back" an hour ....

Whoo Hoo ...an extra hour of sleep.... ::D:

not for me. it was an extra hour of work (but the sun will be up soon, so I can go home and try to sleep)

Well, sleep will come to those who wait too...graves can be a rough shift...(worked it for years..now I'm an insomniac) Just think in spring you get a short shift by an hour :lol:

• Super Administrators

Extra hour to entertain the kids before the sun comes up. Clocks? We don't need no stinking clocks when we're controlled solely by our metabolism.

Up since 4, adjusted. sigh.

kit

Extra hour to entertain the kids before the sun comes up. Clocks? We don't need no stinking clocks when we're controlled solely by our metabolism.

Up since 4, adjusted. sigh.

kit

I hear that Kit!! The Morglet has been up 4 times in the last 6 hours (time adjusted for daylight savings) :wacko: , and did a 7 pm - 1:00 AM stint of cranky "I don't know what I want, but this is not it!" shift last night.

Morg really is starting to look like his avatar.... :huh:

Ahh well. Back to work tomorrow. At least I can get some rest there. :lol:

I feel for ya, Kit. Fortunately, my little guy slept until 6am (adjusted). And, to make it even better, he played quietly in his crib for a bit, then my wife went in to get him.

I got to sleep in twice this weekend - to 7:30 on both days!

(Man, I remember when sleeping in meant until 2 pm. . . . )

Do you get paid for that extra hour when working a graveyard shift during daylight savings? :unsure:

As for me, I've been working 8 hour days since Monday, so my hubby as had the little. Yesterday we got his Halloween costume (he's a dragon this year and carrying a Blues Clues candy pail - two of his most favorite things). I've not yet convinced my mom, though, that his dragon costume will make a great winter coat for him, thus preventing the necessity of buying him one. :devil:

I don't forsee a day off for me until next Sunday, and then I can't work because I will have accumulated too many credit hours (I don't get overtime, but I get paid leave off) to do so, and they won't pay overtime. <_< But, then starting the 11th of November I'll have a three day weekend, a three day weekend, a four day weekend, follow by three normal weekends, then two four day weekends. I might extend the last one and basically take the 23rd of Dec through Jan 2nd off, but I haven't decided yet. I might, also, save the time off for ReaperCon (if we can go).

Unfortunately, we are scheduled to go to print on November 10th, and there are still books I haven't even seen cross my desk yet, and one is over 700 pages. :blink:

yup worked during the time shift

one of those oddball days of the year.

I think it's just a normal pay shift, never really noticed but I'm gonna be checkin it time since big A is gettin all tissy about time shifts these days & such

(ie nitpicking, PiTAs etc etc)

Randy M

Do you get paid for that extra hour when working a graveyard shift during daylight savings? :unsure:

me - no, I don't (in fact, since I'm salaried, I don't get anything extra for working all weekend, yippee)

hourly employees are supposed to get an hour of overtime for working it

that is one thing I need to check on my pay stub this week to see if they jerked me & anther employee out of it, wouldn't put it past good ole Albertson's to do something like that. Probably won't be OT but probably just a normal hour of work (vs takin it away from us do to we clocked off the morning)

Randy M

• Super Administrators

I hate, hate, HATE daylight savings time, and I'll tell you why: Biological clocks.

I have been up with some combination of two or more of my children since 3 AM. I am very twitchy today.

I'm used to no sleep. Honestly, I think I've averaged about 5 hours a night for the last four years, so I'm certainly functional, but think of the children!

Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?

kit