What a year

Orchid_Noir

On top of the evacuation, on top of it raining and I'm going to have to tell my son we are not going trick-or-treating because of it, on top of waiting for the application for the new apartment to go through even though we are going to get there pretty much with clothes and food at this point, on top of all those trials I got a phone call last night ...... my Mom passed away. I'm so numb that I have not cried, and feel like a heartless b!t(# because of that. I have no idea yet when or where a service is to be held, but odds are, with the move, that we will not be able to attend.

And I get to tell an eight year old that has been through all this crap with us. (I'm not doing it today and futzing it for future Halloweens)

I have no idea how I feel right now, what to do, etc...

Orchid - who thought she was shell-shocked by the evacuation. :unsure:

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Orchid, I am truly sorry for your Loss.

If there is anything I can do . . .

Oh, Shannon & I have some dishes we can donate, it's not much, but since yall have nothing you didn;t squeeze into the car, dishes is one less hting you'll have to buy. Sadly, we don't have any pots & pans that we can spare. Also, I think we may have a spare end table . . .

Honestly, words are failing me at the moment, which is rare for me.

Please don't beat yourself up for the way you're feeling. This is all more than you should have to deal with, and based solely on the fact that you're keeping yourself together, I'd say you're doing better than can be expected. It is not heartless to hold yourself together when people need you. Unfortunately, it's what you need to do right now, and it sucks.

When it's the right time, the tears will come. The world's beating you up enough right now, don't help it. :down:

Please accept my condolences for your loss.

I want to thank you for your thoughts and prayers. The weather cleared up and Rex got to go do the Halloween thing, and he took the news extremely well, all things considered, and I made sure he understands by asking him alot of questions about his thoughts and feelings on it. We ARE going to the memorial, talked to the job, the apartments, etc... and had transportation thrust upon me (gotta love friends).

Again, thank you all for your thoughts, prayers, wishes, etc.. (ah, semantics), it has helped, through both trials, to know that I'm not as alone as I felt when all of this started. :wub: