Divine Favor?

I don't have the book yet, but I'm preparing my army list for Sunday's tourney here at Geneseo.

Everyone says I should buy Divine Favor, either for the Khonger or T'kay. Checking Reapergames, it's not listed among the spell and equipment cards, so I'm wondering how much it costs, regardless of who it ends up on.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fiddle-dee-dee...add in Greater Magical Armor...subtract a grunt to balance it out...hmm.

A'ight. My army list, right now, looks like this:

Khong-To, Greater Magical Armor, Greater Magical Weapon, Divine Favor -- 406 pts.

T'Kay, Bandage x3, Familiar, Teleport -- 161 pts.

River Troll -- 52 pts.

6 Warriors -- 138 pts.

TOTAL: 747 pts.

Is it necessarily bad that my Warlord makes up over half the cost of my army?

Bill I would say drop the familiar. It doesnt seem that useful. Also dont forget it may be better to go mercenary and look to other factions for some units. Just one troll may distract archers for a bit, but only for two or so volleys. I will bring my laptop tomarrow, I will be at the union before 2, so show up early and we will work on it

What would youse mugs say to replacing 3 Warriors with 3 Skullbreakers? Just a thought, as I have no clue how to use them...But that's fine. I'm not playing to *win* yet.

I agree with RazorBlade. You don't need the familiar, especially if you're casting on your own units. Odds are you'll have automatic sucesses (assuming he doesn't get wounded)

In my oppinion, I'd go with your warriors. The breakers do have a higher MAV, but their low DV is going to hurt. You're going to need a couple of guys to run interference for Kung-to while he lays on the hurt, and I'd rather have my warriors stick around a little longer (they're also cheaper. I might think about saving the points from not taking skullbreakers and the familiar and pumping it into 1 more warrior) Magic will be the bigest problem. So just keep you eye out for any mages. It's a real pity we can't squeeze a couple of archers in the mix to help take care of that problem.

Bill I would say drop the familiar. It doesnt seem that useful. Also dont forget it may be better to go mercenary and look to other factions for some units. Just one troll may distract archers for a bit, but only for two or so volleys. I will bring my laptop tomarrow, I will be at the union before 2, so show up early and we will work on it

Yeah, I'm planning to freelance...possibly Andras and some Overlord crossbowmen.

Khong-To with all that stuff is an absolute nightmare. That many points of equipment, at that low point game means you're very likely to get swarmed. You might want to consider spending those 145 points of equipment on Khong for a few more models, and potentially another troop.

T'Kay cannot cast Teleport, it's a level 3 spell. T'Kay is Cleric 2/6. You're better off spending those 75 points on more models. A couple archers perhaps to give your army more balance.

You might want to consider protecting T'Kay more. With that few models, T'Kay's likely to be a primary target first, especially with ranged attacks to reduce your chances of keeping Khong in the fight longer. T'Kay might be better off with some bumps to MD and DV instead, since you are going to primarily be using him as support. You might want to consider Bless as well to make Khong and your warriors more effective in melee combat. On his second track, he's only a CP 3, which means casting on friendlies is a 60% chance of success. Not great odds. His DV will also be 5, which means he's likely toast on the second round of attacks if he survives the 1st. Since your army is clearly geared around Khong-To, you want to make sure he stays in the fight as long as possible, which also means you need to make sure the guy keeping Khong in the fight, sticks around too.

Here is how I would adjust:

Khong + great armor 281

tkay w/ divine favor and impro prot 76

warriors 23 X6

bandages X3

longstrikers 24 X2

artemis 26

overlord crossbows X5

749 for points

keep the crossbowmen close to the front troop, just use the extra init card to your advantage. Also maybe use artemis as another reach support unit. DF on tkay will keep his CP higher so he can actually keep healing, also the extra armor helps, so you may keep the DF on khongy as well.

The archers all pressure and help you close the gap, then you have support from strikers and warriors. You lose greater weapon... but one extra attack does NOT help if he never lives long enought to use it :)

Khong-To with all that stuff is an absolute nightmare. That many points of equipment, at that low point game means you're very likely to get swarmed. You might want to consider spending those 145 points of equipment on Khong for a few more models, and potentially another troop.

T'Kay cannot cast Teleport, it's a level 3 spell. T'Kay is Cleric 2/6. You're better off spending those 75 points on more models. A couple archers perhaps to give your army more balance.

You might want to consider protecting T'Kay more. With that few models, T'Kay's likely to be a primary target first, especially with ranged attacks to reduce your chances of keeping Khong in the fight longer. T'Kay might be better off with some bumps to MD and DV instead, since you are going to primarily be using him as support. You might want to consider Bless as well to make Khong and your warriors more effective in melee combat. On his second track, he's only a CP 3, which means casting on friendlies is a 60% chance of success. Not great odds. His DV will also be 5, which means he's likely toast on the second round of attacks if he survives the 1st. Since your army is clearly geared around Khong-To, you want to make sure he stays in the fight as long as possible, which also means you need to make sure the guy keeping Khong in the fight, sticks around too.