The recent Quality of Reaper Minis

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because they earn our respect and admiration. You'd almost think Ed was ex-military or something. :;):

It is refreshing to see a company in this day and age that meets criticism without instantly going on the defensive and where the company's top dogs will make the effort of personally looking into a customer complaint.

Sure beats the "thank you for your concerns" form letter or e-mail you get from most places these days when you complain about something. I have no doubt that Ed actually will look into it.

It is refreshing to see a company in this day and age that meets criticism without instantly going on the defensive and where the company's top dogs will make the effort of personally looking into a customer complaint.

Sure beats the "thank you for your concerns" form letter or e-mail you get from most places these days when you complain about something. I have no doubt that Ed actually will look into it.

I get exactly the same impression. I've been lucky with the Reaper figures I've bought, though living in the UK the ones I get are made here under license, and I couldn't appeal to the Reaper peeps if there were a problem. ::(:

I'm lucky enough to live within 2 miles of the largest gaming store in all the midwest, so when I buy my figures, I can usually pick and choose the best out of at least 3-4 copies of each mini. I can usually find a really good one in the bunch, but sometimes even 4+ copies aren't enough to find a decently cast one. A recent example is 2987: Ghast Lord. My store had 5 different copies to choose from, and they were all very poorly cast. I bought the best of the bunch, but even that one required about an hour of filing and dremeling to remove the shift.

Sure you could.

Licensed or not, Reaper takes care of their customers.

exactly!!

I wouldn't have care with that WL I got, but after seein the sculpt with the full blade & the one I had, there was comparing the two. One reason why I'm such a Reaper fan is because how much the people running the buisness care for it & their customers. Same could have said for my nascar decal company, Slixx decals out of California, but with them getin out the nascar decal buisness, just no comparing the two now!!!

Great work guys, love the stuff that being put out, even if I'm not painting anything at the moment :poke:

Randy M

Hmmm.... I'm thinking it's probably more likely a people problem. I seem to remember a few weeks back that ReaperBryan wasn't online much because he had been pulled back from the front office into the back to do production work. I can't imagine that they would have done that if they didn't have some sort of strange turnover issue

Actually, from what I know, it was actually related to a death of someone close to several employees. Between greiving and funeral issues, Bryan was needed to help cover for those that needed to be out for a shor period of time.

Actually, from what I know, it was actually related to a death of someone close to several employees. Between greiving and funeral issues, Bryan was needed to help cover for those that needed to be out for a shor period of time.

Well, there goes my theory. :huh:

Honestly, I wish I were right (even more so than usual)... a few people quitting is a much more pleasant situation than somebody dying. ::(:

I know Reaper is legit and stands behind thier work else they would still not be around and this popular after 10 years. I just wanted to make sure they knew the situation. After all, other then Hasslefree where can I get my fix of topless models?

I get exactly the same impression. I've been lucky with the Reaper figures I've bought, though living in the UK the ones I get are made here under license, and I couldn't appeal to the Reaper peeps if there were a problem.

If you have a miniature that needs to be replaced, even if it was made under license in the UK, you are more than welcome to contact [email protected] for a free replacement as part of our warranty. If you can include in the message a complete description of the problem/defect (shift lines, missing component, not fully formed parts, etc), the part number, and the order # if you purchase dit form our online store, as well as a complete shipping address, we will happily take care of the problem and send you free of charge a replacement part.

New procedures have been enacted already in shipping (I know this, I have been in shipping all day) to eliminate mis-shipped product and I am sure ehtat those in casting and QC have had similar meetings.

Is there something that we should be doing with the mis-cast minis we find at our FLGS that we choose not to buy? Should we bring it to the attention of the staff? Should they send them back to you at Reaper? It seems silly to have a bunch of mis-cast minis sitting on the shelves that cause the store to lose sales and those of us looking for minis to get frustrated with the stock. It also seems like Reaper might lose sales because, should someone just be looking for A mini, not a specific Reaper sculpt, they might move on to a different line.....