The recent Quality of Reaper Minis

;-> I just mentioned cause it's not necessarily a case of a store being 'cognitively different' (weird or lazy, maybe ;->).

Sorry Wren. I swear I really truly, didn't mean for someone working in retail to catch me insulting them :;):

I try SO HARD to be nice :unsure: but mean is funner :devil:

Weird comes under "different" by the way ^_^

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a really minor complaint, but I just picked up 14227 Herne Crusader Lancer and noticed that on his horse the mold apparently didn't quite fill. There are a couple of rough spots on the back, but nothing I can't file down easily. Just thought I'd mention it for quality control. ::):

• Artists
Sorry Wren. I swear I really truly, didn't mean for someone working in retail to catch me insulting them :;):

Nah, no worries and no insult taken. I just thought I'd pull back the curtain and reveal some of the magic behind gaming retail. ;->

Here's a positive reply, I received on Thursday 2 '70 Dictators, 2 Banshees, and a blister each of Wardens, Despots, and Kharls. All of them have minimal mold lines or flash and no shift that I have noticed. Matter of fact, the cast on the Wardens and Banshees are near perfect, having almost no mold lines to remove.

I want to add that while I enjoy painting Reaper immensely and that generally the quality is topnotch I too have noticed a dramatic decrease in the level of QC. Some of the most recent have had glaring errors in casting alignment. For example...the latest Warlord Lady Jehanna is horribly misaligned...my buddy wants me to paint it for his Crusader army but I don't wish to deal with all the rework it would require...hopefully he will contact you at reaper to get a replacement rider. Watch those mold shifts folks..:(

The Reptus warriors were a problem I reported back in May at reapercon. I specifically came to reapercon to pick up a complete set, as every blister in the LGS was missing the heads, and shields. At reapercon, I pointed out the bins on the bitz shelf for the reptus warriors, and that the heads and shields bins were nowhere to be found. After a little searching, and mentioning my FLGS problems, the 2 other bins were found, and the correction of the packing problems was set in motion.

Just remember, if you're getting it at a FLGS or ordering through an e-tailer, it could very likely be older stock at the distributor level, much like when Warlord came out, and it took awhile for the blisters w/o data cards to be bought out. This is of course presuming the issue you're having is with models out prior to late November/early December when the casting issues were brought up. If it's stuff that has come out after then, not quite sure what to say about it.

One of my players brought it to my attention last night that the Reptus models he bought are, well, just not very good. :wacko: Understand my contact with Reptus models has been very limited but these he showed me last night were just "bad".

They were Reptus grunts. The heads had a big gap where they joined the body (he's going to greenstuff that in). The arms aren't cast so that they fit on the model. the distance between the "elbows" is too great for them to fit into the shoulder sockets and not by a little bit. I fiddled with it and couldn't bend them far enough together to fit without almost snapping the left wrist. The owner of them actually did have to cut the left hand off and greenstuff the arm just to get them to fit on the models he's assembled. The models had a lot of flash and the mold lines were very pronounced.

It also seemed to me that there was very little detail. The feathers on the back of the head were almost smooth and the mouth/snout was just a "glob" of metal without any real detail. The hands lacked any real finger detail, they were just sort of another "glob" of metal holding the sword. The sword showed a little shifting but not too bad.

The player who bought these is an experienced modeller so he can cope with it but these definitely were not good looking models.

Has anyone else had these problems with Reptus grunts?