My first Dragon!

skavenbabe

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice! I like the color choices and the base is excellent. Sergei & Herr O, that's the WOTC black dragon (now OOP) and it is the single hardest model to assemble I've ever seen. Congrats Skavenbabe

EDIT: Oops! I didn't see SB's answer to your question here on pg 2.

awesome work, I've heard ole blacky there is a pain to assemble, but worth it in the end.

love the belly scales, something I'm wanting to do with Ebonwrath (got him based in black, ha ha)

Awesome work, your client should be proud of that, if not I'm gonna find him & make him proud, ha ha

RM

Here's another bump...

Yes, again, I was the client for this dragon, and yes, I am very pleased with it. It shares a place of honor in my study overlooking my computer desk from the top of my bookshelf beside Gauth, Be'lakor, and Agramon. I had Leanne do this one in blue because I have at least 4 other "black" dragons in my collection, including an unopened box of the same mini (the WotC Black), Ebonwrath, and two old Grenadier black dragons from the 2nd series. I have much less blue dragons, and thought this one would turn out well as a blue with its rough ridges.

In any case, HER name is Malhavoc in the human lands (Gorokenin'Shar among dragonkind). The party never actually fought her. More like... grovelled before her might. :devil:

~v

It was mentioned earlier in the thread, pale... it's a Wizards of the Coast Black Dragon. WotC did a small range of metal minis somewhere in between the plastic Mage Knight and D&D collectible minis, around the same time as the Chainmail range. Some of them were very nice, including the carrion crawler that they did.

~v

Guest dan sloan

i understand your pain i have the same dragon but i could not get the wings to stay on even with pinning, green stuff, and really strong super glue so i scrapped the project and used the pieces for conversions

nice work though, i am really jealous that you got your wings to stay on!

wasn't this one done for the 25th anv series?? I know the metal line was part of that + also launched around the same time as D&D 3.0 as well. There was some nice figs as well as some stinkers in that line.

Also I think it was released for the Forge module err adventure something like the 2nd in WOTC's first adv line (right after the Sunless Citadel one)

still a awesome dragon, one I wish I could have picked up when it was in abundance.

RM