Tyrannosaurus Rex 1/30 Scale

Stern Kestrelmann

Late Cretaceous Period, North America.

Well, it something a little different from me, but I was blown away by this sculpt. BEAUTIFUL!

Anyway, this was done with mostly MSP. It is a seven piece resin kit. I probably spent around 20 hours with it start to finish. Mostly prep and assembly time. The model is 16' long and will eventually go on a larger wooden base. Again, had a lot of fun painting this one.

Enjoy.

SK

post-43-1132063604_thumb.jpg

post-43-1132063942_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He he! Thanks for the feedback gents.

As far as the MSP used, well several of the greens (triads +) . Hand primered in black... The mouthy parts I used MSP red triads + two more shades. I tried to give the underside of the model a ligther tone, but it did not show well on camera. Very large model, tough to photograph overall. I may try and re-shoot it once I get it mounted on the wooden base.

Frank- I did consider doing something a little more drastic with the skin, stripes, camo, etc. Maybe some feathers... lol! But in the end, I just stuck with the basics. I also did some reading and used some references materials to help me. Many theorize that the larger predatory dinos did not need camo because they were to big to blend in with any surrounding, thus many speculate that their skin tones were drab and plain. I almost painted it a greyish black, but decided to go with a basic green. It looks really cool in person!

Thanks again all.

PS I am thinking about picking up the Triceratops model as well!

Check it out. The 1/10 Scale T-Rex is mind blowing.

Managerie Productions

SK

He he! Thanks for the feedback gents.

As far as the MSP used, well several of the greens (triads +) . Hand primered in black... The mouthy parts I used MSP red triads + two more shades. I tried to give the underside of the model a ligther tone, but it did not show well on camera. Very large model, tough to photograph overall. I may try and re-shoot it once I get it mounted on the wooden base.

Frank- I did consider doing something a little more drastic with the skin, stripes, camo, etc. Maybe some feathers... lol! But in the end, I just stuck with the basics. I also did some reading and used some references materials to help me. Many theorize that the larger predatory dinos did not need camo because they were to big to blend in with any surrounding, thus many speculate that their skin tones were drab and plain. I almost painted it a greyish black, but decided to go with a basic green. It looks really cool in person!

Thanks again all.

PS I am thinking about picking up the Triceratops model as well!

Check it out. The 1/10 Scale T-Rex is mind blowing.

Managerie Productions

SK

Now I wish I had 4500 dollars to blow on a mini of that scale.. it is gorgeous!! I think my wife would literally kill me if I spent that much on a mini though :)

The scale is amazingly stark.. and a strong sculp! :)

The Mini you painted looks very very nice! I would love to get one and see if I could paint it half as nice :)

-jon