Sign in to follow this  
gwangi32

For fun or profit

(OOC: Gwangi, did we ever get that EVA exo-skeleton to assist in repairs such as these? :o))

After a few more moments, Wallace looks up from his engineering console and turns to Joshua and Sira. "Captain, Ma'am. I can't reroute the controls or power systems to the main sub-light engines. The hull breaches in the engineering spaces have literally severed the lines, and I'll need to repair them locally in order to restore the engines properly. Until then, I can give you 60% on the main drives, but I don't know how long that'll last."

He then begins to turn back to his console, but turns back to face Joshua and Sira, and the bridge in general. "Also Sirs, the hull breaches have weakened structural integrity so much that we cannot survive a transition to jump space until they're repaired. I'll need someone to help manhandle the patching plates into position, which will mean an EVA, but it shouldn't take too long."

Cursing under her breath Sira uses the Com to call Warren to the bridge. "Warren, I need you on the bridge, the Captain's been hurt and I need you to get him to the med unit." Then turning to Nick and Wallace "Suggestions? We are not at the military base where we are supposed to make our drop. Those ships" She jabs her finger at the CRUESHARK and sompany "are not supposed to be here. Do we make some quick repairs and run? Or stand our ground and hope for the best?"

LT

At this point, with twenty minutes until the tractor/tug arrives to take you to the CRUESHARK, JASE interrupts damage reports with a report that fighters have launched from the Sul Army Base. All armed with missiles and with communications systems scrambled. These are battle precautions.

The Comms Officer from the CRUESHARK calls, "WANDERLUST if you have any manuevering capability it is recomended that you move toward the tug with all possible speed. Your ship is the target of a wave of insurgent fighters coming from the SUL Army Base. They will be on scene in twelve minutes."

(It’s been fun folks and maybe we can do it again in a different incarnation)

You frantically rush, to complete repairs, to help your fallen Captain. There is little you can do to defend yourselves from the onslaught of fighters from the Army Base without your pilot up and your ship functioning.

But, the CRUESHARK has another unexpected ally. A fighter carrier is suddenly a part of the battle. More than a hundred fighter craft join the CRUESHARK contingent.

Busy as you are you miss much of the Battle of Sul as it will be known. The WANDERLUST is towed into the docking bay on the CRUESHARK long before the battle is over. But the outcome is not in question.

You are treated politely, but as prisoners. Each given a separate cell and access to books or a vid screen. Very primitive and practical. Twenty four hours later you are brought out of the cells and taken to a launch. The CRUESHARK is in orbit around the planet Plouton the Sul system primary world.

You are brought to a comfortable briefing room and to high ranking officers arrive in moments. They wait as food and drinks are brought in and then seat themselves.

“You have done a great service for the Admiral,” begins one of the pair. “I am not at liberty to say exactly what has been done or what you carried in the cargo hold of the WANDERLUST but we did get it intact. And to have captured our third telepath.” He smiles and allows the other officer to continue. “But, it seems you have made enemies and we find it inconvenient to have the WANDERLUST remain in the newly named Duchy of Graespint. In fact, there is no where safe for you but to move into Imperial Space. So, the WANDERLUST, your payment of 50 million credits and yourselves are to be loaded on the GRANDEE VAEST (a 5000 ton merchant vessel) and taken out of our corner of the galaxy.”

And so ends a Star to Steer By. In the crates labeled medicine were drugs that can boost psionic ability to near godlike power. They have an unfortunate side effect of burning out the user and leaving them in a coma or dead. But the Azact are psionically active and some weapon must be found. This drug is an artifact of a dead civilization and cannot (at the current tech level) be reproduced. Had you tried to open the crates poison gas would have been released.

They left three cases of liquor on board the WANDERLUST for you to use on the trip. You were witness to the breaking up of the Harnic Republic by a Military Coup. The Admiral who had command of the CRUESHARK has become a Duke by his own reckoning. That should cover any big loose ends. The rest is tucked into my scenarios and background. Again thanks for playing!!