Elves on ice

grots

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?...topic=16743&hl=

My elves are sort of arctic looking...more alpine than anything, but you might be interested nonetheless...I've altered the paint scheme a little since I took those pics, but it's not that different. The basing (which I'm guessing is what you're interested in) was just some rocks, and drybrushing with greys up to the blueish off-white (blanking on the name right now...)

http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?...topic=16743&hl=

My elves are sort of arctic looking...more alpine than anything, but you might be interested nonetheless...I've altered the paint scheme a little since I took those pics, but it's not that different. The basing (which I'm guessing is what you're interested in) was just some rocks, and drybrushing with greys up to the blueish off-white (blanking on the name right now...)

I think you nailed it when you said alpine - the bases are really nice! I love the eyes on the third mini; even without a ton of detail, the work is very clean and it makes them standout.

Thanks for sharing!

Grant

here smack in the middle of taltos (Central north carolina) we get 0-3 inches of snow every winter, and a hefty amount in the mountains.

ok, maybe this isn't really taltos but if it can snow in north cackalackey it can snow anywhere. It was still 75 degrees about a week ago.