Spring 2006 Mini Exchange

cutebutpsycho

Well, I thought that, with Thanksgiving just a few days away, I'd post a notice for a new mini exchange so that those of you who are like me and will be sitting in front of the screens after eating a nice big turkey dinner feeling good and reading the message boards will be able to have some newish news and sign up for a new mini-exchange. I'll take a whole chapter out of s_e's book on how I'm doing this. This message will be constantly edited for who is participating (in alphabetical order for ease of reference). Please PM me that you want to participate and you will recieve confirmation through this forum. I will post if I anticipate being off line more than 48 hours. Otherwise, if you PM me and you haven't seen your name come up in 48 hours, email me at [email protected] and put Reaper Mini Exchange in the topic.

Please include:

1)board name

2)real name

3)mailing address

4)will you ship internationally

5)what kind of mini are you looking for (Fantasy/CAV) also what you want to paint

6)if you have further information that might be helpful ie-you're building a Crusader army, you just CAN NOT abide nearly nude women, you are a DM, etc.

The due date is a very far off February 15th for entries and May 15th for mailing (I figure this way, you can hand it to your recipient at Reapercon or get some advice.)

Please restrict it to Reaper minis only!

If you are a member of another board and want to post this there, feel free. I post here and lurk on Jester's board, so those are the only places you'll find me.

I will personally guarantee that, if your exchange partner falls through, I will paint you a mini myself! There will be no mini-less participants here. Just like s_e, if you send a mini, you WILL get one! Understanding that life can get in the way, please PM me ASAP if something (like a broken arm) will prevent you from finishing and I will take care of it for you.

I look forward to participating with all of you!

Mini-exchange participants as of 2/14/06:

Almathea Toes

Anastrianna

anatora

Andrew

Aphrella

BattleMountainMinis

BrightRedRazor

cbl12886

chambersofminiatures

chickinchainmail

crazymike3

CuCulain42

cutebutpsycho

dargrin

Dragon Snack

drjsallison

El Borto

Evilbob

Flowfinder

Fremen

Grumb

gwangi32

Heisler

Herr Oberfroschmeister

Humansquish

Jabberwocky

JoeGKushner

joerav17

John Lee

Karlgerat

Kengar

kodiak

Kormydigar

masterodisaster

Mastertickles

mooseyjoe

Morf

Nasus

Naveen

Outkast Samurai

Painfully

PreFUNk

Qwyksilver

Rastl Deeperdown

rex_lyver

SaintRigger*

Salamance

skavenbabe

Spike

spiritual_exorcist

Stratocastor of Numenor

Stubbdog

TigerLily

T'Sarith DeGaalth

twiztidjuggalo78

tzor

Ugluk69

Ultimateer

Vil-hatarn

vutpakdi

warlordgarou

Wolfers

yojimbo

zinzig

EDIT: I have had a number of questions regarding how the mini exchange works. Please don't hesitate to PM me if you have any questions I don't answer here, but I thought I'd try to clarify a few things.

You paint a mini for someone I randomly assign you, a third party paints a mini for you. You don't tell your recipient who you are until you send the mini, you don't find out who is painting for you until your mini is sent. Some people have given me a detailed description of what type of mini they would like to recieve or paint. Believe it or not, just about every request has been matched with a painter who wants to paint EXACTLY that (ie, someone who LOVES dwarves, someone who REALLY wants to paint a dwarf). These people are matched up first. Next, I will take all painters in each category (fantasy/CAV) and put them in a big hat. I assign numbers to everyone. I will go down the list and pull out the numbe of the person you're painting for. On or about February 16, I will send you a PM with the information for the person you are painting for. You have 3 months to paint and send their figure.

Thanks!

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be starting to send your partners out to you on the 16th of February. However, if you have a model in mind you would like to paint, I do have some specific participants who have given me more detailed ideas of what they would be able to use, so I can sure pair you up with someone who wanted either any reaper model or was partial to the type you painted up. Just message me if this is something you want to do.