Spring 2006 Mini Exchange

cutebutpsycho

The base is nifty cause unlike so many here my painting skills are not up to that par.

I am converting for the same reason. I can "build" a mini with the best of them, but my painting is only satisfactory. My hope is that I can blow my victim away with a cool conversion, and they won't notice any probles.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My blending/shading-fu is subpar compared to some on these boards...but I was told by CthuluBob that my Script-Fu was strong. So I'm playing to that strength.

Yeah this is totally my first mini exchange, I hope I can pull something together that's nice enough to send off!! ::P:

I better get started soon, maybe get a couple practice runs in...

I can't wait to see what everyone else does!! Here's to beginers... ::o:

The best part of these exchanges is the flow of ideas and styles so you can see what other people are doing. If you want honest feedback on what you've painted, include a little note when you send it asking for some. Or, once you've received the confirmation that it has arrived, post up a picture and ask everyone on their thoughts.

The most important thing about the exchange is to have fun while you're painting, and try not to stress too much about your level of experience. Be creative and try something that you've always wanted to do. Have fun. Go a little crazy. Have fun. Challenge yourself a little. Have fun. Most importantly, have fun with the project.

There's a huge gamut of skill involved in these exchanges and it doesn't matter what level in the continuum you're at. This is all about celebrating the hobby we love and sharing it with people we hang out with here on the boards.

Ok...my mini is all painted...now I gots to figure out the base for this thing. Your basic flock just won't cut it.

So I figre I'll spend the rest of the availiable time trying to figure this out...

BTW the painting looks awesome, as does my script-fu. (and yes I'm totally humble about my skills ::P: )

The most important thing about the exchange is to have fun while you're painting, and try not to stress too much about your level of experience. Be creative and try something that you've always wanted to do. Have fun. Go a little crazy. Have fun. Challenge yourself a little. Have fun. Most importantly, have fun with the project.

Yeah I am still pretty excited about painting a mini for someone else. I think it will really drive me to up my skills so I can send out an awesome mini. I also like that everyone on the boards here is really nice, so I am not too worried about my recipient not liking the mini. I have been watching the boards for almost a year now and I really like how everyone interacts, that's why I finally got the courage to sign up for my first mini exchange. Thanks for the feedback, I look forward to the results of this mini exchange and I promise I will Have Fun!! :;):

Yes, here's to beginners from me as well (Since I'm one).

I've got my mini and I just assembled it today during lunch. Have to finish doing the cleaning and decide how I want to do the first part of the base. My mini just cries out for a customized display base (or mini diorama), but I don't know how to best fit the existing/default base into the customized base/diorama such that the two flow together and the mini can still be removed. Hmmm....

Ron

I am about 5 hours into my mini and only about a third of the way there. Its such a great mini that I am having a blast trying all the great new things I have been meaning to do on it. So far its looking good and I must admit, I have not been this passionate about painting a mini in a while so this exchange thing is working out great for me.

I suppose I should jump in here and let you know that, even though I knew who I was painting for before anyone else did, I just went to my FLGS tonight and had my painting group help me pick out my mini that I will paint. It's still in the blister, unprepped, unprimed, unpainted, but hey at least I know what I'm doing!

Good luck all and remember, it's not how well you can paint, it's the fact that you're painting a mini JUST for your recipient-most of us have a hard time painting a model for ourselves and don't have someone else to do it for us on a regular basis (at least not without paying them). It's so nice to have a surprise painted just for you!

It's so nice to have a surprise painted just for you!

Hear hear!

I also like wondering if the comments people are making are about the mini for me. Did Evilbob imediatly think of a mini for me? Is Drj having a great time painting the mini for me? Adds to the excitemint I think. ::D:

I've got my mini assembled and the colors picked out, just not sure how to lay them out. This mini will be a challenge for me so it will interesting to see how it turns out.