Spring 2006 Mini Exchange

cutebutpsycho

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Basecoat is eseentially done, but I think I'm going to have to remove a piece and re-pin/glue it. It's shifting unpleasantly and I'm afraid it may come loose during painting. I'm glad I hadn't gotten to the fiddly details yet- and I'd hate for it to fall apart for the recipient!

I'm trying 1-2 new things on this mini that I haven't done before, but mainly I'm trying to do a solid paintjob.

I've very excited. The mini I have picked out is mosly basecoated so far. I haven't done the particular race my mini is before so it's very exciting to do, but i have aids, a book cover to inspire me, so I think it's going to turn out nice. I am also very proud of the fact that this is the first mini that I've done any cutting on eve though it was just the broccoli base that I removed. Was a big step for me, almost hacked off the feet, but caught it just intime to save them.

I've narrowed down which mini to just a few choices..but can't decide which brush to use. There's the 2" sash brush and then there's the roller..not to mention choosing a good paint. Do you guys generally prefer interior latex or exterior oil paint? :lol: :lol:

I've narrowed down which mini to just a few choices..but can't decide which brush to use. There's the 2" sash brush and then there's the roller..not to mention choosing a good paint. Do you guys generally prefer interior latex or exterior oil paint? :lol: :lol:

go for exterior oil paint and the 2" brush (latex paint and the roller might cover up too many of the details) :devil:

(easy for me to say since I'm not in this exchange)

Can we get BONK! in here, please?

You're lucky Ary's new job keeps her busy...

Anyway, found the mini (I knew it wasn't lost) and did the conversion. Waiting on tools to work the greenstuff (adding something and fixing something I messed up in the conversion).

My greenstuff fu is lacking as well... :down:

Basecoat is eseentially done, but I think I'm going to have to remove a piece and re-pin/glue it. It's shifting unpleasantly and I'm afraid it may come loose during painting. I'm glad I hadn't gotten to the fiddly details yet- and I'd hate for it to fall apart for the recipient!

I'm trying 1-2 new things on this mini that I haven't done before, but mainly I'm trying to do a solid paintjob.

OK, it is done. "Done" as in "If I fool with it any more, I'll screw something up." The second coat of varnish is currently drying outside my window (thank goodness we had a semi-warm day this weekend). I'll take some pix tonight I try to get it packed up to send this week. Once the recipient gets it, I'll post the images. Does anyone have any advice about packing for shipping?

This was a lot of fun (the first exchange I've done). I suppose it's a testament to this kind of event that I've been thinking more about what I was making for someone else instead of what I was getting.

..Or maybe I'm just old and can't keep more than one thing in my head at once. :wacko:

BONK! is a mumified cat plush doll. It is used to beat someone about the head and shoulders to keep them in line...

Aryanun has the "origional" and Anne (Vaitalla) has another one. There is a "smiley" of one kicking around here somewhere too, but I forget the link...

edit: Your Sloganizer says: "Don't play with fire, play with Reptus" - that's awesome...

Ok I thought I knew what I was going to get my Exchange. Over the weekend I have started and stopped 3 other figs.

Is there a rule for sending multiple minis? I really am having trouble decidingon which now. <_<

There is no rule beyond sending at least *one* figure :lol:

Like Lanse, I would hardly object if I received multiple figures. Heck, if someone wants to send me a 1000 point painted army, all the power to them :poke::lol:

In my first exchange, I sent 3 models in a mini-diorama, because I managed to have a ton of free time at the beginning of assembling it.

:wacko: Decisions, too many decisions. But I think I've got my first choice and that's the one that looks the best so far. So I report PROGRESS.

I'm convinced that these minis are far too small for brushes. I need an electron microscope! :devil: