Spring 2006 Mini Exchange

cutebutpsycho

I got motivated on Saturday and cranked mine out in about six hours. It is about 75% done. I suppose it depends on how much time I want to soak into it. I am hosting a few paint and takes at local cons. Ill probably finish it there and use it for an example. Who knows... it may end up in a contest or two. If it places Ill be sure to ship the award as well.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mines done. I need to hit it with one more coat of sealer and a bit of gloss on a couple of points, and then it'll be all good.

Unless I drop it... ::(:

Whats the best way to ship one of these suckers??????

Mines done. I need to hit it with one more coat of sealer and a bit of gloss on a couple of points, and then it'll be all good.

Unless I drop it... ::(:

Whats the best way to ship one of these suckers??????

I find that making a foam like mold works good:

1. I will be using a cube of 2 - 3 inch foam rubber.

2. I cut the cube in half.

3. Then with and Xacto knife I cut out the out line shape of the fig.

4. I then remove the half the foam in the bottom making a cup.

5. I then put the fig in. Then do the same for the top.

6. Once the two halves can close without a whole lot of pressure, I then tape the cube together. I completely encircle the cube so the tape acts like a belt. (Sticky side against the foam) I do this both horizontally and vertically.

Plop the cube in a shipping box with packing peanuts or bubble wrap (you can get this stuff where you plan to ship the fig) and you’re off.

:B):

That sounds way too complicated. What I do is take a strip of bubble wrap (with the small bubbles) that's about 6" x 12", fold it in half (so that it's 3x12) and then roll the mini up in it. Then tape it up.

I put that inside of a box and fill the box with packing material. I kinda overstuff the box so that when I've taped it closed, nothing inside moves.

Usually works pretty well, unless I'm trying to mail Duke Gerard. He falls apart, no matter what, I think.

::D: I'm almost done. Just one more spot check, a photograph for the archives, a bit of sealer and it's ready to package and ship!

:huh: What do you mean I'm not done? What do you mean you should be a package deal? (Why am I asking my mini questions expecting answers?) Look I'm not a ... I'm not a ... I just failed a saving throw.

:wacko: Frantic search ... (you would think Reaper would have all their lines in their store) ... Success!

:mellow: I'm sort of almost done. If I get the other mini in time for painting it should be perfect, but if not.

Well, I've selected my mini, cleaned it, primed it, and completely basecoated it. I've finished certain areas while others are still in their basecoat. I haven't based it yet (nothing fancy, that's definitely NOT my area of competence) but I do feel fully confidant that I can get it done in time ::D:

A month into it (I know, February is short and it took me two days to get assignments out). I hope everything is going great for everyone. Please email or PM me if anything goes amiss and RL steps in making it impossible for you to finish your mini, the sooner I know, the sooner I can do something about it.

Take care!

I got my mini in the mail today! Thanks bunches Kengar! She's a beaut! :wub: I'll see if I can't get some pics taken this weekend to post (feel free to post some if you've got them though).

Now all I've got to do is finish the one I'm painting :blush:

I got my mini in the mail today! Thanks bunches Kengar! She's a beaut! :wub: I'll see if I can't get some pics taken this weekend to post (feel free to post some if you've got them though).

Now all I've got to do is finish the one I'm painting :blush:

Glad you liked it. ::D: I posted some pix in Show Off here.

My Mini Status.

My primary mini is done, need to photo overcoat and mail.

My secondary mini has arrived and is primed. Need to base, paint and so forth.

My secondary mini (which it looks I will have ample time to finish) is the perfect soulmate for the first, a true dynamic duo (although not the one you are thinking of) as it were. My lucky victim is going to be pleased. I just know it.