Spring 2006 Mini Exchange

cutebutpsycho

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mini has been selected, based and...uhh...that's it. Currently waiting for some primer, which is sitting in queue behind the crusader warriors x 12, gerard, that mage and his familiar....but it's next! Should have it done by end of March, got some small modifications to make yet...a little customization is all. I think it's laughing at me...

WOO-HOO!!! I'm done! I'm going to wait for Reapercon in case my victim is there so I can see the look on his/her face when he/she recieves it. AARGH!!! Now I have to wait, but at least the mini is painted. I tried some new things and I'm quite happy with how it turned out. I challenged myself by choosing something I'd never have chosen for myself (I had my Thursday night paint group help me) so I could go outside my comfort zone, and I'm glad I did it.

Wow, people are finishing! I don't know if it's just coincidental timing or what, but this project has been using up all my supplies. I've had my two favorite brushes give up the ghost, and a new one I bought hasn't worked well. So I'm going to need some more brushes, and a few more paints as well.

But I think I'm probably about 70% done at this point. I really wanted to try and challenge myself and do a good miniature, and the challenge is definately there.

I so want to go to ReaperCon!

WOO-HOO!!! I'm done! I'm going to wait for Reapercon in case my victim is there so I can see the look on his/her face when he/she recieves it. AARGH!!! Now I have to wait, but at least the mini is painted.

If I'm the lucky one, don't bother waiting. :;): I won't be at RCon :down:

::D: The painting is done. The photos taken. The minis lovingly coated with a dull coat now await packaging and shipping. What can I say? I'm immensely pleased! I hope my receipient is as well.

Ok, I took my paints home and tried to paint my exchange at home. All I did was start and stop my exchange about a dozen or so times (Yes I have a dozen half finished minis on my desk now). I have got to the point where I just grabbed one and brought it and the whole paint station back to work. I realize now that I can't paint at home anymore.

Now I am just about done with it. AAaahhh! Work is where my painting foo is.. -_-

I'd like to blame my mini not being shipped on my being a lazy slacker.

Ok originally thats the reason. I kept forgetting to write down the address when I had time so I could send it out.

But alas I'm just broke. Hopefully I'll get paid for some minis I painted this weekend, then I can put it in the mail on Monday.

To my lucky victim: Its lovely and I don't want to part with it. So hopefully you'll like it too. And if it doesn't go out by Monday there may be another mini in there to pay for my guilt. ( I shoulda been catholic)

To my lucky victim: Its lovely and I don't want to part with it. So hopefully you'll like it too. And if it doesn't go out by Monday there may be another mini in there to pay for my guilt. ( I shoulda been catholic)

Ummmm, your still way ahead of the deadline. I don't think you could consider yourself late at all.